Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident F3-12800CL6T-6GBTD Questions

Hi,

I?m thinking of buying a set of Trident F3-12800CL6T-6GBTD modules for the following setup:

Core i7 920
    ASUS P6T WS Professional
    6GB G.Skill F3-12800CL6T-6GBTD

I have a couple of questions first:

1. What IC?s are used in these modules? (I'm just curious)

2. Can you please verify exactly what BIOS settings are set with the XMP for these modules? (My CPU is very sensitive to high voltages, so I would like to know in advance exactly what the various voltages are set at.)

Thank you!

I would like to suggest the F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD. Pricing is very close, and the 2000 will be able to operate at the same specs as these AND operate above DDR3-2000. Especially with that motherboard, it will be great.

As far as IC's, we typically do not give out this information, but the Trident 2000's are THE good overclocking chips. Only these types of chips can produce this performance.

XMP Profile, you will need to contact ASUS. As far as voltages, DDR3-2000 should be no problem at 1.60V. Like I said, you'll have a lot of playing room to overclock or downclock with the DDR3-2000 set.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Wow, thanks for the quick response!

I would prefer the modules that I specify, simply becasue I would like the guaranteed timings of 6-7-6-18 at 1600. I have no intention of going beyond this. In fact, I'm going to run these at DDR 1500 to run the Core i7 920 at 3GHz. My machine is a Photoshop workstation, so I need reliability above all else (but I still want to push the system a little!)

Given this, would I still be better off going with the set you recommend? (If I can definitely get the same, tight timings with the F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD, it does seem like a no-brainer.)

And regarding the IC inquiry, I just wanted to verify that these modules don't use the Elpida Hyper IC's.

Thanks again for the quick response. I appreciate it as I am about to order one of these 2 sets.

Comment

The 2000's will be able to operate at the 1600 6-7-6-18 specs, so essentially it is a no-brainer.

They do not use Elpida Hyper ICs, most companies have discontinued those, these are the next aggresive without the issues of the Hyper. =)

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Awesome, thank you so much for your help!!!

Comment

Working...
          X