GPU Driver Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU Driver Problems

I have an ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 motherboard with a Phenom II X3 720 BE installed overclocked to 3.0 GHz and a stock ASUS EAH4870/512MB GPU running 64-bit Vista SP2.

Since the mobo and CPU support DDR3-1600, I bought and installed 2 x F3-12800CL9D-2GBNQ kits to give me 4GB of DDR3-1333 that can support DDR3-1600 with overclocking.

Following the instructions provided with the memory for overclocking, but matching the settings with how I see them on my mobo, I was able to set the memory to 1600.

Rebooting into Vista wasn't a problem, nor did I run into any problems when I ran memtest86+ and prime95 for several hours. However, very soon after starting F.E.A.R. 2, the application window goes black and a message appears in the notification area that the display driver failed and has recovered.

Clicking OK or doing nothing just brings up the same message again.

Now, I've read that since video data has to be moved between main memory and the GPU memory, overclocking main memory can cause problems if the GPU memory clock is not set correctly.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make my system stable for graphical games if I've overclocked main memory? Do I overclock the GPU memory or change settings in the BIOS?

Thanks

Sounds like a driver problem, ATI isn't real quick at keeping up with the technology advances in RAM and mobos. I'd keep an eye out for new driver releases

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X