Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have this kit for sale (or know where I could get one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have this kit for sale (or know where I could get one)

https://www.eteknix.com/g-skill-laun...ts-at-2400mhz/

I had this kit way back in the day and I'm hunting for it again. Does anybody have one they want to part with, or know where I could get one?

https://www.gskill.com/community/150...l-X79-platform

Comment

Which one of those are you looking for exactly?

Both the news article and the press release refer to many different model numbers.

Most of that stuff is out of production for a decade now, so you will probably have look for it at green markets like ebay etc. Some of them were a lot less common then others and might be near impossible to find, at least in the short term.
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
        Which one of those are you looking for exactly?

Both the news article and the press release refer to many different model numbers.

Most of that stuff is out of production for a decade now, so you will probably have look for it at green markets like ebay etc. Some of them were a lot less common then others and might be near impossible to find, at least in the short term.
        F3-17000CL11Q2-64GBZLD is the one I'm looking for. Yes, I know. 32 GB, 16 GB and 8 GB keep popping up on eBay. I have 32 GB now but I just want others to be on the lookout for me, or even better if they have it sell me it.

Comment

In your other thread you stated, that you want to use them with a dual channel Z77 motherboard (4 DIMM slots). Then why are you looking for a kit, that consists of eight modules? You could only use half of them and would still be limited to 32GB (4x 8GB) with that.

There is a reason why those x8 kits were marketed for a quad channel platform and X79 motherboards. Those actually had eight DIMM slots for 64GB (8x8GB) total memory.

Comment

In your other thread you stated, that you want to use them with a dual channel Z77 motherboard (4 DIMM slots). Then why are you looking for a kit, that consists of eight modules? You could only use half of them and would still be limited to 32GB (4x 8GB) with that.

There is a reason why those x8 kits were marketed for a quad channel platform and X79 motherboards. Those actually had eight DIMM slots for 64GB (8x8GB) total memory.
            The kit I linked in the news press was a rare 2 x 32 configuration that made 64 GB. 10 years ago I was using an MSI motherboard with 4 slots that had that exact RAM making 64 GB.

Comment

I had an MSI motherboard with the red dragon design of the MSI Z77A-G45 and a setup of RipJawz Z ram that equaled 64 GB. I'm trying to narrow down the motherboard I had, I might have been mistaken about which one I owned.

Comment

Z77 & 64GB is not possible with Ripjaws Z, since they were only available in kits consisting of 4GB and 8GB modules. So with four DIMM slots that would result in 32GB max (4x8GB).

The Z77A-G45 Gaming is the mid tier Dragon board of that platform. The Z77A-G43 Gaming was below that and the Z77A-GD65 Gaming the higher end variant. All three boards were released fairly late and only a couple of months before the platform was replaced by Haswell (LGA1150).

Comment

Z77 & 64GB is not possible with Ripjaws Z, since they were only available in kits consisting of 4GB and 8GB modules. So with four DIMM slots that would result in 32GB max (4x8GB).

The Z77A-G45 Gaming is the mid tier Dragon board of that platform. The Z77A-G43 Gaming was below that and the Z77A-GD65 Gaming the higher end variant. All three boards were released fairly late and only a couple of months before the platform was replaced by Haswell (LGA1150).
                  so what board did I have? It had the Red Dragon design on it of the Z77A-G45 and was made in 2013 or earlier.

Comment

The three Z77 motherboards were the first of the new Dragon Gaming lineup. Out of the DDR3 platforms, that branding was used for LGA1155 (Z77, B75) and LGA1150 motherboards (Z87, H87, B85, Z97, H97), all of which are limited to either two (ITX models) or four DIMM slots. In addition to that, MSI never released a Dragon gaming themed X79 motherboard. So maybe you are either remembering the wrong memory amount and/or were only using half of the eight modules from a F3-17000CL11Q2-64GBZLD kit for 32GB total.

Comment

The three Z77 motherboards were the first of the new Dragon Gaming lineup. Out of the DDR3 platforms, that branding was used for LGA1155 (Z77, B75) and LGA1150 motherboards (Z87, H87, B85, Z97, H97), all of which are limited to either two (ITX models) or four DIMM slots. In addition to that, MSI never released a Dragon gaming themed X79 motherboard. So maybe you are either remembering the wrong memory amount and/or were only using half of the eight modules from a F3-17000CL11Q2-64GBZLD kit for 32GB total.
                      Ok well, I'm definetley not getting the motherboard wrong because I know that's a fact. I found one Red Dragon X88 motherboard. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/385480558595

Is that able to support the 64 GB?

Regardless, I'm still looking for the kit I mentioned.

Comment

Well, if you include AMD platforms, that adds more four DIMM (A88X for FM2, 970/990FX for AM3+) but no new eight DIMM options to the pool.

Comment

Well, if you include AMD platforms, that adds more four DIMM (A88X for FM2, 970/990FX for AM3+) but no new eight DIMM options to the pool.
                          So I need an A88X or 970 for the 64GB? The kit in the press release was marketed as 2 x 32 with each slot having 32 GB or 4 x 16. It didn't include 8 seperate sticks. Although there is a kit that has 8 sticks of 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazer4579 View Post
                            The kit in the press release was marketed as 2 x 32 with each slot having 32 GB or 4 x 16. It didn't include 8 seperate sticks.
                            That is wrong. It is a 64GB kit that consists of eight 8GB modules (8x8GB). There are no Ripjaws Z SKUs that consisted of 16GB modules. You did link to the product page yourself in your other thread:

https://www.gskill.com/specification...-Specification

It both says "Capacity 64GB (8GBx8)" and has a photo of the eight modules with two memory fans (one for each of the two stacks of DIMM slots, on either side of the CPU socket).

Click image for larger version

Name:	1807231519070.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	169481

Comment

That is wrong. It is a 64GB kit that consists of eight 8GB modules (8x8GB). There are no Ripjaws Z SKUs that consisted of 16GB modules. You did link to the product page yourself in your other thread:

https://www.gskill.com/specification...-Specification

It both says "Capacity 64GB (8GBx8)" and has a photo of the eight modules with two memory fans (one for each of the two stacks of DIMM slots, on either side of the CPU socket).

Click image for larger version

Name:	1807231519070.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	169481
                              So let me get this straight. The 64 GB kit in THIS article (https://www.eteknix.com/g-skill-laun...ts-at-2400mhz/) all consist of EIGHT separate sticks? They weren't referring to a 2 x 32 GB or 4 x 16 GB setup?

Comment

Working...
                              X