2133mhz 24gb 2x8 2x4 configuration question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2133mhz 24gb 2x8 2x4 configuration question

Hello all, I have in my pc 2 G.Skill 2133mhz kits (2x8gb and 2x4gb) rated for the same CL9 timings, was having all kinds of weird issues after installing the new kit at first but I may have solved my own problem by boosting voltage to 1.65v as I don't seem to be having any glitches atm, was wondering if anyone else used different kits if you had to adjust timings let me know if you were able to use stock or what.

I have the 2 4gb in the blue slots and the 2 8gb in the black slots (recommended dual channel config) in Sandra it reports the current timings as 9-11-11-31-8-42-16-8 (the first 8 was 6 but it auto adjusted to 8 so I set it that way in the bios).

MSI 990fxa-gd65v2 mobo
    AMD FX 8350 cpu @ 4.4ghz
    24gb G.Skill ram
    GTX 780 ti (soon to be sli)

Just about to run a ram test and see if there's any problems.
    No errors detected using mdsched, looks like I might be good to go.
    Last edited by oobymach; 12-14-2015, 11:16 AM.

Two separate kits are not guaranteed, so it is normal to have to boost voltage or timings to get them to work properly. In some cases, they don't even work at all, so you seem to have a lucky case. Let us know how it goes

Comment

Going on a week with no glitches or crashes, I used to mix kits all the time with ddr2 with great success which is why I bought the extra 8gb, in the future I'll keep in mind that ddr3 ram isn't tested to work in configurations like mine and that you can buy larger kits that are tested to work together.

Comment

What was the winning solution in your specific case?

Comment

Working...
        X