XMP profile for 4x F3-17000CL9D's not loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XMP profile for 4x F3-17000CL9D's not loading

I'm running an ASRock P67 Extreme6 with a an i7-2600K. I've had two DIMMS of the F3-17000CL9D's (8GB) running at the advertised 9-11-10-28 clocks for several years now. I just purchased/installed an additional pair that initially resulted in multiple failures to boot into Win7, each attempt kicking me into the UEFI BIOS. I've since ensured the correct XMP profile was enabled/selected and should run these four DIMMs at the boosted clocks. I've managed a normal boot into Win7 and Task Manager shows that Windows is reading all 16GB of ram. However, CPU-Z & Speccy show dual channel timings of 11-11-11-28 .
    I've since consulted the G.SKill Ram Configurator and have not found the F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM's in its compatibility list for my setup (though they obviously work and my board touts the ability to run DDR3-2133). I need some help getting all four DIMMs up to the advertised spec.

*Went to the Newegg product page where I purchased these modules to look at the reviews. A user from 12/05/2014 got a G.Skill rep replying to a similar issue with the following: "Depending on CPU used, DDR3-2133 may not be fully supported, especially 4 modules". Never heard of that before. My UEFI XMP is set to the 2133 profile with all other options on AUTO. Love to know which of these need to be tweaked to get my PC back to running butter smooth.
    Last edited by brandolfday; 11-07-2015, 12:27 AM. Reason: Updated Information
Working...
X