Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please, I need recommendations for x58 ddr3 memory expansion for multimedia app.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, I need recommendations for x58 ddr3 memory expansion for multimedia app.

Hello. Actually i have motherboard intel x58 (asus p6t deluxe v2) with g.skill 6gb kit F3-12800CL8T-6GBPI working in trichannel mode. I think that i need memory expansion because this 6 gb memory ram is almost always exceeded by multimedia aplications and unfortunately windows create virtual memory file in hard drive and slows down the entire system and can't work.

I have 3 free slots in trichannel mode, i was thinking in 3x4gb modules or 2x8gb modules. The second alternative does not take advantage of the trichannel mode but are 16 gb versus 12 gb.

Ok. Please, what configuration for expand memory you advise me and why? 3x4 12gb trichannel? 2x8 16gb? what gskill model memories advise me for work together with my actually kit? this asus motherboard supports max. 24gb ddr3

One last different question, please. Is it advisable to activate the XMP settings memory on the bios motherboard or to leave the default settings at bios? (for correctly and optimum performance)

Thank you

My configuration: F3-12800CL8T-6GBPI 3x2 kit 6gb memory / motherboard asus p6t deluxe v2 with last bios 1202 / intel 920 i7 / win 7 64 bits
    Last edited by squarefan; 10-13-2015, 12:12 PM.

You can do 3 x 8GB or 6 x 4GB

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-359-_-Product

You can use XMP with this kit only.

Comment

Thank you for the advise. In this way I have to get rid of my current kit. I'll think what I do. Regards

Comment

Working...
      X