Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memtest86+ claims F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM fails it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest86+ claims F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM fails it.

So, I test the sticks one at a time but no errors.

I had 2 BSODs recently, figured it was video drivers.. But then I tested the memory and it turns out the memory fails when both sticks are in.

Any ideas? Why is it failing with both sticks ? I tried both 9-9-9-24 (Auto selected) and the sticker 8-8-8-24 and still fails testing.

The BSODs, for now, are rare but I'd like to know if I need to RMA the RAM or someone has some ideas I haven't tried? I updated the BIOS as well.

I tried changing the Command rate to 2, retested and still failed.

I'm out of ideas myself.

Motherboard: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M4A88TDV_EVOUSB3/ , Athlon II X4 640. I ordered the same RAM kit last week and it's not here, but I was going to try to get 4 sticks at 2 GBs so I have 8 GBs of RAM (to keep up with the Jones' of gaming better). However, I think I need to figure out the deal with these two sticks first before adding them in and find out what's causing errors on duel channel vs single ?

I noticed even after selecting 1333 MHz in BIOS, memtest still tests at 640 MHz each stick. ("DDR-1280") .

Should I ignore it? Send it in for RMA ? Is it not the sticks if they test clean one at a time ? Etc?

Hard reset BIOS and try again.

Manually set the DRAM frequency, timings, and voltage then see how that works.

Something is not right in BIOS if the RAM is DDR3-1280

Comment

Working...
    X