Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45T-UD3LR with F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I've found other threads on this forum and other websites with the same System Board mentioned, but nothing I've found so far works.
    I'm trying to use the following components...
    I purchased the above memory kit to upgrade my system from 4GB total memory to 16GB, as a way to put off upgrading the System Board & CPU for now as I can't afford that much of an upgrade. When I have the new DIMMs installed, the system cycles starting up with no display and no keyboard LED's on, then powers off for a few seconds and powers on again. I have tried the following hardware configurations...
    • All four DIMMs installed, no change
    • Two DIMMs in slots 1 & 3 or 2 & 4, no change
    • Only one of the four DIMMs in any slot, no change

I've tried clearing the CMOS, loading optimal settings & loading fail-safe settings, all with no change. I've tried adjusting the BIOS settings according to other threads & websites I've found, but they've not helped either. With Corsair XMS3 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMX4GX3M2A1600C9) installed in slots 1 & 3, the system boots fine.

Any assistance you can give would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Ka Hooli; 03-17-2015, 07:11 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Sounds like it may be a compatibility issue if not one stick can boot up properly.

Is the Corsair single or double sided chips?

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Is the Corsair single or double sided chips?
      Not sure to be honest, I'll have to confirm and get back to you. The System Board manual on page 16 states it can take Single & Double-Sided memory.

Comment

The issue probably is the memory density. Double sided 2GB modules like your Corsairs are built on 1Gbit ICs. Those were pretty common in the LGA775 era and usually do work. For single sided 4GB modules however, it is 4Gbit ICs already and these might me problematic. They were only available years after the LGA775 era. Even double sided 4GB modules on 2Gbit ICs might not work at all. At least i had no luck with some of my fairly recent 2x4GB kits on a abit IX48-GT3 and Foxconn BlackOps.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
        X