Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were those settings stable?

HT Link Speed should be 2000MHz.

If those settings are stable, you should be able to get DDR3-1600 working..

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Were those settings stable?

HT Link Speed should be 2000MHz.

If those settings are stable, you should be able to get DDR3-1600 working..
      Now that you see all the options available to me in my bios, if you could kindly tell me exactly what to put in all those boxes/options I'd give it a try.

Comment

All the necessary settings are mentioned in the guide. You just need to make sure nothing else is changed that shouldn't be.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
          All the necessary settings are mentioned in the guide. You just need to make sure nothing else is changed that shouldn't be.
          What guide am I suppose to follow exactly because when I click your link to the guides I see many different ones and for some of them some settings I do not even have available in my bios.^

Comment

1. CPU Host Frequency will need to be 233 for DDR3-1866. CPU can natively support DDR3-1333 max, but does have an 8X memory multiplier for DDR3-1600, so that is the one you will be using. 233 * 8.00 = ~DDR3-1864

Note, this will also overclock your CPU Frequency, so you should lower the CPU Ratio if this is not desired. If you would like to keep it, make sure to find the sufficient voltage it needs to be completely stable.

2. CPU-NB Frequency should be 2800MHz, or 12X (233 * 12.00 = ~2800MHz).

Then set DRAM Timings tCL - tRCD - tRP - tRAS - Command Rate/Timing (that the memory is rated for).

3. DRAM Voltage (that the memory is rated for)
            Even if the memory is 1.50V, default, it should still be manually set.

4. Lastly, CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V. This will help the CPU fully support DDR3-1866 since AMD technically supports 2 modules of DDR3-1333/1600 only.

5. F10, save, exit, and everything should be ready to go.

Comment

Working...
            X