• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P6T upgrade help, please!

MOBO : Asus P6T
    Mem : F3-1280 CL9s-4GBRL (x3)
    CPU : i7 920 2.67 Ghz

Problem : The system does not post, it doesn't even signal a ram issue. No sounds, beep codes, just a black screen with the fan spinning.

Hi all, I'm trying to squeeze some more life out of this machine. I recently went to Windows Home 7 premium on an SSD, and am now trying to bump up the ram. I've seen some very helpful individuals here, hopefully some one might have my needed answer.
    I tried ASUS first, not too much assistance.

I did a fair bit of research on the ram, decided on the G Skill, and bought the above listed as it was recommended by the G Skill website.
    http://www.gskill.com/en/configurato...p=40&model=195

I've tried what I know, the bios is updated to the latest, chipset drivers are latest (from ASUS site) and CMOS cleared. I've tried with all possible physical configurations of the G Skill ram, singly and the three. All starting attempts are the same, black screen, no sounds.

The comp runs no issue with the original ram, 3 x 1 Mb sticks of Corsair.

TIA!
    Last edited by Audioapps; 12-10-2014, 09:18 AM.

Contact the RMA dept. to exchange for the G.Skill F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL and it should work much better.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

To my understanding : That is the same ram, only collected in a kit of three?

Should the machine post with one stick installed?

It boots fine with just one stick of the original Corsair ram installed, but will not even post with any one of the F3-1280 CL9s-4GBRL sticks installed.

Comment

Working...
      X