Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64GB Kit 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 on Asus Sabertooth X79

Hello,

I just purchased the 64GB kit [F3-10666CL9Q2-64GBZL] yesterday and tested the whole kit with memtest86. Memtest86 took 12 Hours 58 Mins to complete all 20 tests and passed all of them with no errors. Yeah very happy about it.

Now with my questions, this link http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-10666cl9q2-64gbzl
    says "All G.SKILL DDR3 memory come with the latest Intel XMP standard developed for Intel platform." but in the specifications tab section 'features' is blank.

1. Does that mean this Kit has no XMP support? Is it because of its 1333 speed? (couldn't find it in the BIOS or even in CPU-Z.)

2. Is it possible to overclock the 1333Mhz RAM to 1600Mhz? Does increasing the voltage 1.5v to 1.575v or 1.6v safe, with no damage to the RAM or CPU?

I cannot find any information or review about this kit on the net.

Here are the specs and details of my sys related to questions:

Core i7 3930K C2
    Asus Sabertooth X79 with 4210 BIOS (12th AUG 2013)
    8 DIMMS fully loaded with above mentioned G.Skill kit
    Windows 8 Pro 64bit

Nice to know even though Asus QVL list does not include this kit, it works fine without issues so far. I bought it after checking GSKILL site for compatibility with Asus Sabertooth x79 Board, and trusting it. This is my first GSKILL product and am totally satisfied with the purchase and love the low heat spreaders, since I just replaced my single channel 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600. Sad part is I could'nt afford faster memory from GSKILL.

Waiting for answers.

Thanks
    hardahmed
    Attached Files

XMP only applies to DRAM that runs spec at 1600 or higher...and the statement is true, just not applicable to your set at 1333

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for clearing one my doubts (No XMP, a ok. Either way I was planning to use the manual setting), as for the overclocking the RAM, I guess I'll have to test to see if it can be overclocked at least a little and be stable. Ill post the results here if I am successful.

Comment

Working...
      X