Sniper 2400 16GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper 2400 16GB

I got an ASUS Z87 Deluxe, i5-4670K earlier and decided to try better RAM and got a set of F3-2400C11D-16GSR (2x8GB, 2400). It booted up OK the first time but ran at 2133, which is the setting for the previous RAM. I used XMP and manual settings and it will not boot at all. POST gives an error, "Overclocking failed press F1 to enter setup". Still no boot.

I switch off the PSU and restart cold Windows 7 may get to welcome, maybe desktop then it blue screens (BSOD) with the error 0x124, which is hardware related, maybe needs more vCore. I added some vCore and RAM voltage, up to 1.6875V but no joy.

I then tried the 2400 in my Sandy Bridge PC with setting to 2400, no boot there either. It would boot only after BIOS fooled around restarting a few times and Windows started and RAM was 1333, 13-13-13.

Is it possible I have got a bad set from GSkill after have 6-8 good sets?
    I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Did you try XMP Profile with one module at a time? They should both work fine individually.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

No I didn't try one DIMM at a time. I now have the same RAM in a ASUS Saber Tooth Z87 with a i5-4670K. Memtest86+ RC1 is on its 10th pass with no errors. I think I had either a bad board or CPU so I RMAed both.

Haswell is quite a big departure in CPU architecture. Is memtest still a valid RAM test? The version 4.20 throws really odd readings, such as reporting 0MHz for any RAM.
      I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Comment

Working...
      X