Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible faulty F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL RAM ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible faulty F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL RAM ?

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my ram and hopefully someone can help me out to determine whether its faulty or its just an issue with the mainboard/bios.

I purchased the RAM 7 days ago.

Specifications

Mainboard - AsRock Extreme4 990FX
    CPU - AMD3 FX 8350 (stock clock)
    RAM - Ripjaws X 1866MHz (F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL) Standard / No Overclocking
    Operating System - Windows 8 x64

Issues

The PC boots as normal into Bios and into the Windows loading screen.
    Access to Bios is possible and RAM is identified by the Bios with the correct timings/voltage/Frequency and XMP Profiles.

As soon as Windows starts up the problems start to appear. In extreme cases the mouse cursor starts to jump which looks like its lagging behind its intended movements.
    It appears the whole system is lagging. I am using a Fan Controller with thermostat and the Temperature goes into the 45C and more.
    On some occasions I am able to boot into Windows. However, there are random crashes when I try to access files, open folders or run applications. Those random crashes cause the system to freeze and require a cold restart.
    A few times I was able to play Battlefield 3 but after an amount of time (which varies) the game shuts down and produces an error message about not enough memory available.

Troubleshoot

I ran memtest86 and no errors were found, however, the memtest86 stopped at about 48 % and advised me that the test is finished.

I tried to lower the frequency in the Bios to 1600 MHz without success.

I tried to increase the Voltage to 1.51 without success.

I put my 2 years old G.Skill Sniper Ram @ 1600 MHz back in and everything works without any issues at all.

Anyone can assist me with the matter ?

Solved

Problem solved.

I changed the Voltage for the RAM from 1.40 to 1.55v and raised the Voltage for the NB-CPU by 0.100

So far it survived 2 hours Prime95.

Comment

Ah hah, good job, you figured it out. I was too late, glad to hear you got it solved. That means you may be good enough to overclock it now.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X