Getting BSODs with F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting BSODs with F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

I have 2 sets of F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL that I have just put into a new build 3 days ago, and every day I have multiple BSODs no matter what I'm doing with the computer at the time.

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H motherboard with an intel i5-4670k processor. I have not overclocked anything. There were BSODs from the memory right after building it and installing windows.

This RAM gave me problems with a previous build as well. I was getting the same BSOD's with an Asus motherboard and AMD phenom II x4 processor. I was able to stop the crashes on that build by manually changing the timing in the BIOS, as was recommended by a post I saw on here.

I've tried every conceivable BIOS setting for this build, and it still won't work. I'm really hoping I can fix this without having to buy a bunch of new RAM. I could have fit more RAM in my budget, but I bought a larger SSD instead figuring I could just re-use these sticks.

I've turned XMP on and left everything else to "Auto" (I now understand XMP doesn't help if you're using two separate sets)

I've tried increasing the DRAM voltage by +.025 and +.05 with no luck

I've changed the timings to 8-8-8-24 with no luck

I've changed the DRAM frequency to 1333 and the timings to 8-8-8-24 with no luck. This is the closest I've gotten to stability, as so far I've only had one blue screen today with these settings.

What should I do to get this working? I know the sticks are not defective, so there has to be some kind of BIOS settings to make them cooperate right? Is it possible that my motherboard just will not cooperate with these sticks no matter what I do? If I can't get these working within the next 2 days or so I'm going to have no choice but to go out and buy different RAM. I can't go without a PC for much longer.
    Last edited by Manatee; 08-05-2013, 10:54 PM.

In case you want to know what the rest of my hardware is, here's the part list:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1oLgy

Comment

Make sure each kit is installed in the same color slots. If not, it may be a matching problem. You should only use a single kit of RAM such as the G.Skill F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

The sets are in the right slots. Sounds like I'll have to go buy a different set of 16 unless you guys have any other advice.

Comment

Might try raising the VCCSA voltage a bit, to about 1.07

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Also you might try to raise North Bridge i.e. CPU cache voltage a bit or lower its ratio by 1 or 2.

Comment

Working...
            X