Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Boot Computer

Hi, and thanks for taking the time to read this

I've been running this computer for about 3 years now. I had Windows XP 32 bit installed. Recently I wanted to start playing a more demanding game online, and so I wanted to upgrade my RAM. Since XP has a 4gb RAM cap, I had to upgrade to Windows 7 64 bit.

A friend wanted me to test his RAM out, since he was having issues and didn't know if it was his RAM or his video card. I figured the timing was pretty good since I was waiting on my RAM anyways, and I had already installed Windows 7.

Upon putting his RAM in I couldn't get to bios even. I figured it was just his RAM, but now I have the same problem with my RAM that I ordered.

I'm not sure what the specs are on my old RAM, and I can't find the package(though I can find every other hardware package from this computer) it came in.

My motherboard is:
    ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO

My new RAM is:
    G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9Q-32GSR

I already looked into it and found out that my motherboard is only compatible to 16GB of RAM. Finding this I tried 2, and even 1 stick of this new RAM, all with the same result. I put my old RAM back in and it booted up just fine.

Any help would be appreciated, as I'm at a loss at this point. Thank you for your time.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard. That will change a lot

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

If you have a 32GB set then it's 8GB sticks and your mobo is limited to 4GB sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
      X