X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2133C9D-16GXH /i5 750 / p55

Hey,

I've just bought the kit in the title.
    Everything runs fine except the speeds and i'm having a hard time finding the right timings.

Before i bought the kit i've asked the g.skill support if it's even possible to run it on my setup.
    They told me that it is not possible to run 8gb modules on a i5 750 + p55 platform, but luckily they run.

On the first boot i've tried the XMP-profile 1, which sets the ram to 2000mhz, but without success, the system will not boot. At 1900mhz (bclk 190 + multi 20) the system boots fine, maybe the memory controller in the i5 is too weak for 16gb and the high speeds.

But i would be fine with 1900mhz and a bit tighter timings.

Now the timing problems:

If i set the XMP-profile 1, i'm getting timings of 9-10-10-29 and advanced timings of
    tRC 39 tRRD 5 tWTR 8 tWR 15 tWTP 26 tWL 7 tRFC 4 tRTP 8 tFAW 23 CR 2

Without the XMP i'm getting these timings: 9-9-9-24 and advanced timings of
    tRC 33 tRRD 4 tWTR 5 tWR 10 tWTP 21 tWL 7 tRFC 174 tRTP 5 tFAW 20 CR 1

the tRFC value with the XMP-profile can't be right in the bios i know, it shows 248 clocks on cpu-z.

I know my motherboard is not officially supported, but what do i have to use? XMP or better set the timings manual? (and should i let the advanced timings as auto or is there somewhere a official list for them?) Is there something like a timing-table for 1900mhz?
    I've already ran prime95 multiple times. With 9-10-10-29 it ran over 4 hours, but with 8-10-9-26 it crashed after 3 hours already. I don't want to run prime that long for every little tweak i'm doing.

Motherboard -> Gigabyte P55 UD5
    CPU -> i5 750 @ 3,8ghz
    Bios F11c (latest)
    VTT-voltage @ 1.180 (don't want to go higher since the max intel specs for the p55 is 1.21 i suppose?)

Try tRFC at 208 and CR at 2 initially and see what that does - also could you post up your system voltages

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i will try to set the tRFC at 208, but should i load the XMP-profile or set everything manually?

system voltages -> vcore 1,184v
      PCH 1.050v
      CPU PLL 1.800v
      DRAM 1,600v
      VTT 1,180v

and by see what it does you mean run prime95?

Comment

Try the XMP profile and see what happens, can also try the plain Auto

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

alright, i just loaded the xmp-profile 1 and just set the tRFC manually to 208 and now i can get it to 2000mhz instead of 1900mhz, can't believe it

but i've forgot to set the voltage to 1,600v this time and left it accidently to auto.
          After ~45 minutes i checked AIDA64 and the DRAM voltage was at 1,800v.

I hope the ram didn't get any damage in that short time with the high volts?

Comment

Shouldn't, I don't think...would keep it to 1.7 of less

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X