F3-10666CL9D-4GBNS and Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL9D-4GBNS and Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT

I recently purchased the G Skill DDR3-1333 F3-10666CL9D-4GBNS. This is a 2GBx2 set. I would like to confirm that it is compatible with the Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT motherboard which I purchased at the same time. When I install it, the motherboard will not list it in a startup memory test or allow me access into the bios. I am not receiving any trouble codes from the bios at boot. I tried each stick independently with the same results. It is probably very uncommon to have two bad sticks together. Has anyone else ever had a similar experience? Any response is appreciated.

I'd try the sticks in another rig to see if they are good - number of possible problems here, not sure what CPU, but it may be a native 800 or 1066 CPU, in which case the mobo is trying to start at the native freq of 800 or 1066 - and to run 1333 the FSB needs to be 1333. This could also be caused by an old or corrupt BIOS that isn't stepping the DRAM down to whatever the default boot freq is

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. Unfortunately I do not have any other computers that use DDR3 and I asked a few friends and everyone is still at DDR2. The processor I am using is a Core2 Duo E8400 that supports 1333 FSB as does the motherboard and RAM slots. I have tried clearing the CMOS and did not get any change. Also when I do not have any ram installed I do not get any beep code or display. I am trying to figure out if the problem is with the motherboard or the RAM.

Comment

Sort of sounds like mobo, with no sticks should get a beep code, and even with one or both sticks in, the mobo should see them and take them on at the mobo's default

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X