Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• support question: F3-12800CL6T2-12GBPIS on foxconn x79 prime95 errors

Hello,

I have 3 sticks from the kit F3-12800CL6T2-12GBPIS. I have foxconn x79 board and xeon e5. I use everything on stock. I use xmp settings. I set the dimm voltage at 1,6v ( also tried 1,624v) but the board is overvolting. When I set dimm voltage at 1,6v the hardware monitor on bios reads it around 1,62v-1,63v, When I set th dimm voltage at 1,624v, the hardware monitor reads it around 1,64,v 1,65v. Anyway, I also set core vtt at: 1,12v resulting 1,5v on hardware monitor of bios.

These voltages give me prime 95 blend test around 30 minutes stable and i meet a few rounding errors after 30 mins.

IF I just set the dimm voltage at 1,59v, I instantly receive prime 95 blend test rounding error.
    I have latest bios, windows 8 64bit. I have tested each ram with memtest 86+ (v 4.20) and all three sticks together at 1,624 dimm and 1,12v vcore ( resulting 1,65v and 1,15v vcore). No errors and it passes the test once.

So what is your suggestion? I am thnking of manually setting subtimings. Can someone give me manual timings:
    my bios has these timings:
    TCL:
    TRP:
    TRCD:
    TRAS:
    TWR:
    TRFC:
    TWTR:
    TRRD:
    TRTP:
    TFAW:

Should I bumb voltages more?
    Thanks

one stick is definitely bad. When I try this particular module, with memtest on the far dimm slots from the cpu, memtest gives out errors. however, the closer dimm slots, memtest passed 1 time without error.
    then I installed all modules in three slots (the abd module in the closed slot) and prime 95 blend test was 2hour stable. However, during a game i had bsod. internal memory management.. something..

then tried prime95 blend and gave out rounding error again. any suggestions please? faulty module??

sorry for my english...

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS, doesn't sound like the mobo is setting/regulating voltages correctly or PSU is off. Might try a different PSU if one is available or if you can borrow one

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have the latest bios
        my psu is ocz 600 watt. which is 3 years old. barely used ( i can say 24 hours per month)
        i have gtx690 and ocz revodrive (pcix ssd)
        1 sata hdd and 1 dvdrw sata drive
        3x120mm case fans
        1 90mm case fan
        xeon e5 2650

so why do you think psu is problematic? the mobo has voltage check points.i naver used a voltmeter but maybe i should check the voltages
        The interesting point is, the "bad module" does not work on the far slots, works only at the closer slots to the psu. I checked with memtest. dont you think the module is faulty? the other two modules work on either slots.

Comment

i have no other psu to try...

Comment

Just from the sounds of what you wrote (voltages not matching up to what you input) that maybe a bad mobo or that the PSU wasn't putting out what was called for, which could be surging or undervolting

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ok i ordered a new psu. I will update the information when I receive it. Thanks

Comment

Keep us updated,

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X