• Boot loop!

MB= MSI G45
    CPU= 3570k
    GPU= Gigabyte 6970c 3g
    Ram 16 g Ripjaws z
    SSD= Samsung 840 Pro 256g
    PSU= Corsair tx 650m
    Monitor= Asus VE247h (x3)

So my problem is the computer will work with three out of the 4 sticks of ram but when I put the 4th stick in it gets stuck in a continuous boot loop. Currently I do not have internet to the PC in question to download memtest so that being said do you think its a bad stick of ram. I can run the set up on 1 stick, 2 sticks, 3 sticks just fine but as soon as I put the 4th on in it goes boot loop. and help would be greatly appreciated

Have you tried mixing the sticks, i.e. trying sticks 1-2-3, then if good substituting stick 4 for the original install of say stick 1, as in then trying sticks 4-2-3 - if only a single sticks presents problems then it's probably that stick, if all four work fine in different combinations of 3 sticks - then I would look to mobo (make sure you have the latest BIOS), blow out the DRAM slots with compressed air, make sure all sticks are firmly seated (i.e. firm pressure on the sticks so that the clips lock on by themselves). Also check the CPU and make sure no thermal compound/debris on bottom of CPU or in socket, also check the pins and make sure none are bent/broken...then let us know if any of this helps

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

It seems to be one stick. three of them work in any slot in any combination but when I add a specific one in any slot it causes a boot loop. Looks like3 I will have to start the RMA process.

Comment

If within the return period of your re/e-tailer, that may be faster. Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X