X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P7P55D-E PRO RAM Upgrade

CPU: i5 750
    MB: ASUS P7P55D-E PRO

The G.Skill website is confusing me. When looking at compatible options for my board, it lists many variants of RAM. However, when clicking on the RAM itself my motherboard is then not listed as compatible.

MB Link

The QVL available for the board is old, with zero single 4GB sticks even mentioned.

I was looking at the F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL which spec-wise appears to be match up and is also listed in the initial list of results for the board. However, the board is not listed on the actual page - with it stating it's specifically designed for the Intel Z77/ X79 chipset.

I've also limited myself to 4GB per slot, which I understand to be the limit of the P55 chipset/CPU combo. Otherwise I'd probably have got 2x 8GB.

What's going on with the search results and do you think the above mentioned RAM will function? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

I did search but clearly missed this. Presuming it worked out for this guy, I'm sorted.

Comment

Yes should be fine

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I used the XMP profile since it detected everything correctly. 16GB successfully installed. Time to mess around with RAMdisks then!

Thanks

Comment

Have fun! Can do a number of things with them

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X