help: need FM2A75 Pro4-M and A10-5800K ram suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help: need FM2A75 Pro4-M and A10-5800K ram suggestion

hello, i'm building a gaming system with the asrock FM2A75 Pro4-M motherboard and AMD A10-5800K APU processor. i'd like to have about 8GB or 16GB of ram.

i'm not sure which RAM i should buy. i'd like some fast ram because i heard the APU performs well with really fast ram at or above 1866. can someone suggest the most compatible ram for my MOBO & CPU combination that will give me no problems when OC'ing with AMP and/or XMP?

so far i found the ares F3-1866C9D-8GAB using the memory finder:

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=484

would that be my best bet or should i use the ripjaws?

also, is 16GB overkill? i want to run windows 7 pro 64bit without virtual memory but i don't want to get out of memory errors. is 8GB good enough?

thanks.

links:

mobo: http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A75%20Pro4-M/

8 or 16 will depend on what all you do, but regardless with extra DRAM can always create a RAM disk which can really speed thing up when used properly - so to that end and since you mentioned 1866 my first choice would be the Snipers, 2x8GB F3-1866C9D-16GSR or if you want to kick it up a notch to 2133 I'd lean towards the A) the Tridents F3-2133C9D-16GTX or the RJ X F3-2133C9D-16GXH.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      8 or 16 will depend on what all you do, but regardless with extra DRAM can always create a RAM disk which can really speed thing up when used properly - so to that end and since you mentioned 1866 my first choice would be the Snipers, 2x8GB F3-1866C9D-16GSR or if you want to kick it up a notch to 2133 I'd lean towards the A) the Tridents F3-2133C9D-16GTX or the RJ X F3-2133C9D-16GXH.
      thanks for the reply.

it will be for gaming and web surfing. i'd prefer to go with 8GB because of the price and hope it would be enough.

can you suggest 8GB part numbers?

Comment

At 1866 I'd go to the 2x4GB Snipers F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR or jump to the 2133 Snipers F3-17000CL9D-8GBSR (have found Snipers always seem to match up with AMD and both of these are CL9 sets)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

At 1866 I'd go to the 2x4GB Snipers F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR or jump to the 2133 Snipers F3-17000CL9D-8GBSR (have found Snipers always seem to match up with AMD and both of these are CL9 sets)

so F3-17000CL9D-8GBSR will be totally compatible with my MOBO? does it matter that the CPU has a limit of 1866? or will the motherboard allow higher?

i just want to make sure everything will go as smooth as possible. i'm inexperienced at tweaking voltages and timings. i just want to set the XMP and not worry.

Comment

I've seen the 5800 go up to 2400 (not many ) and supposedly the mobo is rated to 2600 (but take a look here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

The 5800 seems to like faster DRAM (which helps a lot with the GPU processing)....another good thing with the 5800, if it is a weaker one, then can drop to 1866 and tighten the CL to 8 so be at 1866/CL8 as opposed to the regular 1866 set that is CL9 so with the tighter CL you'll have improved performance

Tman

Comment

I've seen the 5800 go up to 2400 (not many ) and supposedly the mobo is rated to 2600 (but take a look here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

The 5800 seems to like faster DRAM (which helps a lot with the GPU processing)....another good thing with the 5800, if it is a weaker one, then can drop to 1866 and tighten the CL to 8 so be at 1866/CL8 as opposed to the regular 1866 set that is CL9 so with the tighter CL you'll have improved performance
              so it looks like i'll be going with the F3-17000CL9D-8GBSR

do you think i will have any issues with the ram height interfering with aftermarket cpu coolers?

P.S, off topic, but do you think the stock cpu cooler is good enough with the A10-5800K overclocked? i don't want to go too crazy, my objective is to have the iGPU at least 1000 with the RAM at 2133.

Comment

Would depend on the cooler, the Snipers are one of the lower profile sets. If an after market cooler is required, would suggest something like the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO which has an adjustable height fan ( $33 at the Egg)

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X