No announcement yet.

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme and 2 sets of F3-17000CL9Q2-16GBZH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I've had a chance to do some stress testing at this point....and I'm struggling a bit. I'm trying to get a 4.8 OC stable on my system, but it just isn't happening right now. I ran and passed 3 tests of Memtest over the course of 10 hours at the memory specs I posted previously. I have only altered CPU/MB settings and voltages to setup the OC. Here are my current, non-stable settings:

CPU VCore: 1.40
    DRAM Voltage: 1.65
    CPU VCCSA: 1.25
    CPU VTT: 1.25
    CPU PLL: 1.8
    PCH 1.1: 1.1 (Auto)
    PCH 1.5: 1.5 (Auto)
    CPU Load-Line Calibration (LLC): High
    CPU Current Capability: 180%
    VCCSA LLC: Extreme
    VCCSA Current Capability: 130%
    CPU Power Phase Control: Extreme (Auto)

I can successfully mess with Voltages/settings in Windows without any BSoDs, but Prime95 Blend tests usually fail with a core error within 15 minutes. The small FFT tests that primarily work the CPU seem to pass without issue though. For the record, I did start out with a lower VCore setting, but I raised it to 1.40 to make sure that the CPU had enough juice. I am fairly concerned about the rising VCCSA/VTT voltages though because I know that it is not recommended to run them beyond 1.25 (or so I've read). My temps are also starting to get pretty uncomfortable as Prime95 pushes me at times to 80 degrees Celsius even on watercooling (though I will be adding more radiator fans tomorrow to try and counter that). Any ideas where I might be able to make adjustments for more stability? Should I consider RMAing the 2 kits in the hopes that I might be able to swap for a standard 32GB set (if such a thing is even allowed)? Thanks in advance for the help!

Comment

It may be the CPU, I know I've run into a number of CPUs that OC quite well (i.e. my 3570 will run 5.0 GHz smoothly, with up to 16GB of DRAM, but when I up it to 32GB, it seems about 4.7-4.8 is tops without using more voltage than I like

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
      X