Freezign frequenty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezign frequenty

I am very new to the world of hardware and only have a slight idea what I'm doing.

First, my problem: Recently I built my first gaming PC and have had multiple issues.

1) as the title says, freezing frequently
    2) blue screens also regular
    3)inability to have multiple programs operating. This is when freezing usually happens(example; Steam and IE)

What I'm using:

-Motherboard- ASUS|M5A99FX PRO R2.0
    -Processor- AMD FX 8350
    -Memory- GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

Due to my issues being caused by multiple programs open, I think that the problem may be with the timing of the RAM.
    If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS, which could be part of the problem. Then make sure the base timings are set to 9-10-9-28, 2T and believe I'd set DRAM voltage to 1.56, also might want to try CPU/NB voltage at 1.2 and see how that is - then let us know

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by N-user View Post
      I am very new to the world of hardware and only have a slight idea what I'm doing.

First, my problem: Recently I built my first gaming PC and have had multiple issues.

1) as the title says, freezing frequently
      2) blue screens also regular
      3)inability to have multiple programs operating. This is when freezing usually happens(example; Steam and IE)

What I'm using:

-Motherboard- ASUS|M5A99FX PRO R2.0
      -Processor- AMD FX 8350
      -Memory- GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

Due to my issues being caused by multiple programs open, I think that the problem may be with the timing of the RAM.
      If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.
      ***1*** did you enable any overclock options? if so, set everything to stock!!!
      every overclock is specif for a specific pc(even with same hardware), it stupid to do "auto overclock" settings, as there is very good chance it will cause multiple troubles. overclocking is an art, not auto ********.

Comment

Sorry it's taken so long.

I finally got the chance to apply the settings " 9-10-9-28, 2T and believe I'd set DRAM voltage to 1.56, also might want to try CPU/NB voltage at 1.2 "

And my computer blue screened almost instantly after starting up Steam. After posting this I'm going to set everything back (Just to be sure my PC is at least slightly stable).

"did you enable any overclock options? if so, set everything to stock!!!"

Never even touched those settings until I got a reply from Tradesman.

Edit: To clarify, the issue the blue screen tells me is "BAD_POOL_CALLER". Which doesn't sound good to me.
        Last edited by N-user; 04-09-2013, 05:02 PM. Reason: Clarification.

Comment

Ok, for BAD POOL Caller, normally it's a driver or a system file, first might want to run your System File Checker

go to START - ALL PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - then right click on COMMAND PROMPT - select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR the when the DOS bosx comes up type in SFC /SCANNOW and hit enter.

This will check your system files and replace any that are corrupt - also check your mobos home page and make sure you have the latest drivers for your mobo, same with video card and any other add on components

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X