Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-1866C10D-16GAB with Asus M5A97-EVO MB and Phenom 925?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-1866C10D-16GAB with Asus M5A97-EVO MB and Phenom 925?

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone can advise the best settings for

F3-1866C10D-16GAB (2x8GB)
    Asus M5A97-EVO MB
    Phenom II 925 x4

Planing to use Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    and hoping to be able to update a current OS install.

Current MB is a Asus M2N-E (which is NVidia chipset)

2 questions:

A). Will the above work together, what settings should I use for the G-Skill memory?

Not so relevant to this forum but here goes anyway...

B). Will it boot up enough to update chipset drivers? (I'm thinking nope...)
    Any other way to get the drivers installed/ready before I hookup new motherboard?
    ...Can I extract the new chipset drivers from the Exe somehow?

P.S. I'm going to ask 2nd question on an Asus/Tech forum too!
    PPS: I see part of my answer in the sticky above "AMD CPU + G.Skill DDR3-1866"

Thanks,
    Josh
    Last edited by cld9; 03-25-2013, 07:49 PM.

Imagine it will prob boot up, though at 1333, and if unsure if it has the latest BIOS will prob want a 2 or 4GB stick around in case. The higher end 965 rec C3 was basically the first of the Phenom line that could fairly reliably run 1600 (and that was w/ 4 GB sticks). If it will boot up at 1333 (the sticks should run fine at 8-9-8-27 or so, but w/ 8GB sticks it may want something more like 9-10-9-28....Main problem is just that AMD doesn't put much into their MCs (memory controllers), i.e. the latest, the 8350 is RATED UP TO 1866 AT 1 DIMM PER CHANNEL (again that testing was done with 4GB sticks, so 8GB is more stress on the MC)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for that super useful info especially regards the Bios needing updating to read 8GB sticks

I bought the board on eBay it's a refurb someone got back from Asus. So no way to tell Bios version...
      I have all the bits arriving in a few days Fun build ahead!

Comment

Keep us posted, will be glad to try and help with anything if needed

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I just posted here: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showpost....0&postcount=13

And then realized I had this thread open too?

Tried bumping up voltage as per that thread but couldn't get it to boot...

Comment

Responded to your other post here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthrea...t=11373&page=2

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X