• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for ram to pair with F3-12800CL7D-8GBRH

Hi all,

I have a 2X4Gb kit of these Ripjaws 1600 C7 1.6v sticks with Hynix H9C:

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=317

I'd like add another 2X4Gb in dual channel but it isn't available any longer.

Can you recommend a couple of reasonably priced, currently available 2X4Gb 1.6v kits that will run well with these at the same speeds/timings? I have an AMD FX-8350 under a custom water loop @5Ghz, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7, Seasonic M12D 850w. The current kit will do the rated 1600 7-8-7 at 1T, and will hit 2133 8-10-8 if I relax to 2T @1.65v.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Grinder; 03-25-2013, 06:36 PM.

Think I'd look to either the 2133 Snipers F3-17000CL9D-8GBSR, or the 1866 Ripjaws X F3-14900CL8D-8GBXM as the best bets to play with your set at it's current timings (think you will prob have to up the CR to 2T with the 4 sticks, but believe you should be able to run at the timings and voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Tradesman, thank you for the prompt reply.

Unfortunately, I don't see either of the kits that you suggested in stock at any of the Canadian online stores that I frequent (ncix.ca, directcanada.com, bestdirect.ca, memoryexpress.com), and my selection at local stores is even worse.

I'm curious, the F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH have the same heat sinks and pcb color, are they Hynix H9C as well? I'm wondering if 1333 C7 1.5v -> 1666 C7 1.6V might be possible, and the appearance matches as well.

I see the F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM and F3-10666CL7D-8GBXH available for around the same price, but of course they don't match the look of my current sticks and still aren't spec'd as well as my current kit. Also in this price range is the F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR. I actually had 4 of these in this mobo, and they ran at spec, but I didn't have a chance to push them before I sold them with another build. These too aren't quite as nice as the kit I have, but who knows if I bumped them to 1.6 @1666.

For 25 or 30% more, I see the TridentX F3-2400C10D-8GTX, but I worry about the height if I were ever to put these in an air cooled system.

Comment

Could try the 1333 sets, since you were at 1600 I was just tryint to think of the sets that would run at where you are currently at and with what you are running. Also, did you look at NewEgg Canada? It's all really up in the air as to what you might be able to get to play together with your current set. Sorry can't be more precise, but any time you mix sets it can be problematic (even the exact same model) and it being AMD somewhat compounds that as their MCs (memory controllers) aren't as strong as those in Intel CPUs.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Realistically I've been running my current kit between 1800 1T and 2133 2T @ 1.65v and Cas 8. I don't plan to drop to 1333 or even 1666, just bummed that I can't find another F3-12800CL7D-8GBRH kit and looking for the closest I can find to it.

Any history of good overclocks with the F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH's? And are they the same H9C memory chips as my kit? It looks like a lower binned set of the same sticks. I know it's a crap shoot, I'm just trying to improve my odds. But if I try these I can't very well return them if they don't oc from 1333 7-7-7-21 1.5v to 1600 7-8-7-24 1.6v (and presumably have the same potential to go higher that mine do). Maybe one of your tech's has an old 1600c7 kit like mine laying around in a dusty corner that he'd send me if I rma'd a 1333 c7 kit haha

Anyway, I'll try Newegg.ca, I've shopped there before. But their prices aren't quite as good as some of the other places unless you catch a wicked sale, like Black Friday or Boxing Day.

The MC seems pretty good on my particular Vishera. And I had a 1090T that was pretty strong as well.

Comment

I'm dropping GSkill Tech a note to take a look, he'll have more info available then I do (I'm not GSkill), just a long time user of their DRAM and SSDs, I stick around out here to help out, and to help me try to keep up with all the hardware out there

Tman

Comment

I know, I've seen your posts before. You are very generous with your time. I hope G.Skill sees fit to throw some toys your way once in a while, so that you are better prepared to help

I've been trying to find an identical used kit locally, or sell it to put towards an upgrade, but most local computer users aren't enthusiasts, and their idea of high performance ram is 32Gb of 1333 C11

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Check Amazon or something. That specification is basically out of stock, so it will be difficult to find at retail shops.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

I've checked amazon, ebay, and kijiji, as well as retail shops. That's why I asked for help in identifying something that isn't out of stock, that might be close.

I take it the 1333 c7 isn't H9C. Is there anything else I could try? If I had to RMA a stick of f3-12800cl7d-8gbrh, what would you replace it with?
                  Last edited by Grinder; 03-26-2013, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Probably some DDR3-1866 CL9 kit.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yes, but my current kit will do 2133 c8.

Is an 1866 c9 kit likely to do the same?

Comment

If going 1866, I'd look to a CL8 set like the one I mentioned ( or the 2133/9), it will just be tough to find sticks with ICs as good as those you currently have

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X