Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill RipJaws vs G.Skill RipJaws X

Im a new user of G.Skill memory...

Im just wondering about the difference between this 2 items.

1) G.Skill RipJaws (Dual) 2x2gb ddr3 1600 CL9 (F3 12800CL9D 4GBRL)
    2) G.Skill RipJaws X (Dual) 2x2gb ddr3 1600 CL9 (F3 12800CL9D 4GBXL)

I already looked at the site and found no difference on their specs.

But their price is different. The one with the (X) is a lot more expensive than the other one (around $5 higher)...

I need your expert views... thanks in advance

For reference here are the links for both items:

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=222

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=349

The Ripjaws came out a fairly long while ago (relatively speaking), the Ripjaws X came out afterwards (newer ICs and a little more tuned towards the Sandy Bridge platform (1155 socket, Intel's Gen 2 CPUs), you might also come across the even newer line in the Ripjaws family, the Ripjaws Z which again is a newer (newest in the Ripjaws line) which is designed towards the Ivy Bridge and 3rd Gen Intel CPUs. All three pretty much fine with any DDR3 mobos/CPUs that can handle the particular freq of the set you are interested in.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I see...

too bad Im just an AMD user (A6 5400K).

Are there any settings that I should do to maximize the potential of my G. Skill memory + CPU?

(I bought the G. Skill RipJaws X)

Thanks

Comment

If they work fine at stock settings, could try tightening the timings or the CR (Command Rate/Timing) from 2N or 2T to 1N or 1T, could try OCing to 1866 or even dropping to 1333 w/ tighter timings and run BenchMarks at each different group of settings to see where the max performance is at

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X