• Show
Clear All

• Applications crashing, many items crashing

Hello G.Skill Representative,

First of all, here are my computer's specifications:

Model of the motherboard:
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77

Model of the memory:
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM

Model of the CPU:
    Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz

What is the problem?
    Random computer reboots, minor graphical glitches, Game applications crash in the middle while playing, Google chrome Apps crash unexpectedly.

Here is a screenshot of the memory test with Memtest86+:

Both memory sticks:
    http://oi49.tinypic.com/ehhq11.jpg

One memory stick:
    http://oi45.tinypic.com/2h87cd5.jpg

History and Habits:
    I've had this in my system since 8/5/2012 (5+ months ago). I do not overclock anything at all [in fact, I do not even know how to overclock anything at all]. My computer case is well ventilated and air flows fluidly. Also for those minor graphical problems, it's not my graphics card (the temps idle at 30 degrees C; 50 degrees C on load).

When I ran the test, I expected there to be some kind of memory failure; but, to have that many errors is pretty bad. I didn't start having these major problems until beginning of this week, which is a shame; because, I really liked how it was performing until these problems were kicking in. I'm not sure if it is defective itself. I am thinking of going through your RMA department, but I rather find a solution here first before resorting to that.
    Last edited by Mysteryng; 02-13-2013, 04:25 PM.

Might want to test the sticks individually (maybe 4-5 passes), testing multiple sticks can produce erroneous results, it may be a stick has gone bad or could come from a change to the hardware, if you've added anything, or had a crash, if the CMOS had rest, etc. Might want to check that you have the latest BIOS. Check in BIOS and if not using it, try enabling XMP and select profile 1. If problems still exist might look to raise DRAM or MC (memory controller) voltage + 0.05 (in the event the voltage isn't being regulated correctly.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Memory should work with just XMP Profile enabled, so test one module at a time with XMP enabled to see if one performs differently. If not, they should work well together. If one does perform differently, send them in for RMA exchange.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

1 stick is bad

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
        Might want to test the sticks individually (maybe 4-5 passes), testing multiple sticks can produce erroneous results, it may be a stick has gone bad or could come from a change to the hardware, if you've added anything, or had a crash, if the CMOS had rest, etc. Might want to check that you have the latest BIOS. Check in BIOS and if not using it, try enabling XMP and select profile 1. If problems still exist might look to raise DRAM or MC (memory controller) voltage + 0.05 (in the event the voltage isn't being regulated correctly.
        Hi Tradesman,

I've done some tests and tried your solution on both memory sticks and it turns out that 1 went bad. The other one is fine, so I'm running my computer on the one memory stick for now.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
          Memory should work with just XMP Profile enabled, so test one module at a time with XMP enabled to see if one performs differently. If not, they should work well together. If one does perform differently, send them in for RMA exchange.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH
          I'll try again with both sticks with XMP enabled; but if the problem is still persisting, do I have to send both memory sticks? Or just the bad one?

Comment

Would be best to send them as a set, though I believe GSkill will RMA a single stick...with an exchange of the entire set you get a set with sticks guaranteed to work together, any time you simply mix sticks, even of the same exact model, it can be problematic

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X