need help with ripjaws x 1866 fx-4100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with ripjaws x 1866 fx-4100

Hello guys. I've been checking your forums for a while now in my attempt to set my memory to work at 1866, but i just could not do it by myself. So here's the deal; i got:
    AMD FX-4100 Zambezi working at stock 3.6ghz
    Asrock 970 Extreme3
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) Model F3-1866C9D-16GXM-Blue

I tried many different sets of settings, but nothing ran stable. Some of them ran for an hour under load, but that's about the most i could achieve by myself. Thought it's time to seek advice from the pros.
    Right now i am running at 1600 CL7-8-8-24-1T as suggested here and it seems stable (for now), but i'd very much like to run my set at 1866. Also i could not find any suggested settings for that particular model of memory. Help will be much appreciated.

Regards, food

p.s. happy new year everyone
    Last edited by vrfood; 01-07-2013, 07:11 AM.

If your mobo supports DOCP or the like can try that and set to 1866...else try the base timings to 9-10-9-29, CR at 2T or 2N, DRAM voltage at 1.57, and CPU/NB at 1.3 to start....Keep in mind many 4100's can't handle 1866, but we can try. Might jot down your current settings for a fallback as you've got good tight timings there at 1600

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Turns out my current settings are not that perfect. The system ran stable for 4-5 hours under load, but after that the applications i had loaded crashed. Windows, however, is still working as good as before. I will try 1866 with the settings you suggested and will get back to you. How about some 1600 tweaks? Apart from the 7-8-8-24 timings, i had 1.6v and 1.145(default) CPU/NB v and CR at 2T (i noticed just now, that in the post where i took these timings from, the dude had 1T. Will try that one later)
      Last edited by vrfood; 01-07-2013, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Sounds like you have a plan, give those settings a try and keep us updated

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yea, well, i have been running at 1866 with the timings you provided and it has been surprisingly stable for quite a while now. I am happy with it and will leave it for now; maybe gonna try some CPU OCing as ram is stable. Thank you very much for your help.

regards

Comment

No problem, keep us updated

Tman

Comment

figured it out

Looks like i have things stable now at 1600 with 7-9-8-24 2T, 1.65v DRAM voltage and 1.3v NB/CPU. Have it slightly clocked at 4ghz (stock cooler). Those settings work very well for me now; i will keep my system like that for a while, until the next clocking urge comes around

Comment

Looking good, with those timings, you're prob getting better performance than you would have at 1866 with the stock CL(, good going!

Tman

Comment

Check this out

Hm, i was under the impression, that anything over 1866 won't be bootable. I am running a bit higher now, stable for an hour under load. I am still testing, but check this out:

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2657086

Comment

Looking good! Congrats!

Tman

Comment

crashed

Just crashed on me, after more than one hour under heavy load. Reverted back to 1866, booted 8-10-9-24-2T now, gonna try that for a while. Also clocked to 4.2ghz. I am finding way too many pictures of people with the same cpu, who have it working with memory over 2000 mhz. I am starting to think it is the mobo that's not allowing me to go higher. Anyways, i like tweaking it, gonna read a bit more and will try again.

Comment

Keep in mind, not everything you read on the net is true, have seen so many 'posts' here and there of things that just can't be done the way they say, very typical is people saying they took like 2133 or 2400 sticks just plugged them in and it went right to the advertised freq - which doesn't happen - when you first put sticks in the system boots to it's default of 1333 or 1600 as an example. Or for a bit of humor, read some of the reviews on system components at NewEgg from people that rate their own Tech Level as 'HIGH' and have no idea what they are saying

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X