Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mix 2GB with 4GB Stick

Hello,

I have built in the G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH. But now I'd like to upgrade my RAM capacity and thought instead of just buying the same 2 Sticks again I'd like to have about 12GB althogether. I don't think this would be a problem, since the exact model is available in 8GB but just to be sure I better ask here.
    Can there be any problems and do I have to consider something when I install them?

Thank you!

Any time you mix sets, even of the same exact model it can be problematic. There's no guarantee the sets will play nice with each other....the good thing here is that they are a nominal freq (1333) so I think chances are good, I'd make sure you have the latest BIOS, then (don't know your mobo) but put the 4GB sticks in the primary sockets (normally 1-3) and the 2 GB sticks in the secondary (2-4)....and be prepared to add about 0.06 to the base DRAM voltage and will prob need a little extra to the MC (memory controller) voltage...if you run into problems, give us a shout along with your mobo and CPU

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X