X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random freezing in XMP mode

hi

Sorry English is not good!

When my motherboard Bios on Auto frequency is no problem but when I put the XMP profile the system will sometimes freeze and I have to restart my

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=511

cpu i7 3770k
    G.SKILL - Dual Channel 8GB - 2400-(2x4GB) - Trident X - CL10 - F3-2400C10D-8GTX
    main asus p8z77-v deluxe
    os win 7 x64

bios is updated
    xmp profile -> 2400 mhz 10-12-12-31 2N 1.65v

cpu-z

On AUTO you are running at 1600, check your BIOS and make sure you have the latest version, if no, Flash the BIOS and try XMP again. If you do have the latest BIOS, then try turning off XMP and set the spec timings and freq manually, raise the vtt to 1.2 and VCCSA to 1.2....if no joy there post your BIOS settings for system voltages, and DRAM timings, both base and advanced/secondary
    Last edited by Tradesman; 10-01-2012, 08:47 AM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanx for reply

Asus spd information

P8Z77-V_DELUXE-memory-QVL (not found memory!)

Main Auto

Main in XMP

Comment

Doesn't look like the BIOS is setting to the SPD timings as it should, i.e. it's showing 128 for the tRFC where it calls for 193 in the SPD.....Leave things with XMP enabled, and go to advanced timings, change tose to match what's in the SPD reading in you first Image. Then raise the CPU from 3.5 to like 3.9 or 4.0, and set VCCIO voltage to 1.15

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Re-freeze the Windows Start

Comment

Have you run memtest on each stick by itself to see if you have a bad stick maybe? Can run Memtest for 4-5 passes only rather than run the whole thing to save some time

Tman

Comment

5 hours in xmp mode testing with memtest and had no problem
              Last edited by vzsoft; 10-01-2012, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Might want to back down to 2133 and try that

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X