Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended RAM for new build on GA-Z77X-UD3H

Hi -
    I am planning a new build with a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H MB. I am planning 8 gig RAM using one of these.

F3-1866C9D-8GAB
    F3-1600C8D-8GAB
    F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
    F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
    F3-2133C9D-8GAB

Which of these would you recommend for best performance or is there another you would recommend in the same price range? I will be using an i7-3770K processor. Note that only the sniper is listed on Gigabyte's approved list for this motherboard but they admit that it is a limited list.

Thanks

The 2133/CL9 Ares is a good match (might also look at the 2133/CL9 Snipers which are great), of the rest on the list, all would work fine, but as a second choice I'd say the 1866/CL9 Snipers, with your CPU and mobo, if you want to should run at 2133/CL10

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you. Let's add these 2 to the list.
      F3-17000CL9D-8GBSR
      F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM
      Their specs read pretty much the same so what is the difference and why would I choose one over the other? And how would they compare to the Ares you suggested earlier?

Thanks again.

Comment

Those two sets are about identical, believe different ICs and slightly different in the advanced timings - either will be fine (I favor the Snipers, just a bit for all round versatility in OCing and underclocking abilities)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X