Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL on Asus Sabertooth X79 + i73930K

Hi,
    I got stuck trying 64G RAM with the B12800CL10Q2 on my mobo.
    According specification on http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=432, it should be ok using XMP profile. My bios is updated to the last version (2104), and tried many attempt as 16Go, 32Go and so on, but each time few dimm are signaled as abnormal in the UEFI.
    I looks I'm not the first to have this issue, but I didn't find bios setting to get it working.

Did somebody already made the 64Go working on this motherboard?
    I don't care really about OC and try to build a stable configuration, but I really need a hand on that.

Have you tried the 64GB after a CMOS reset and ensuring each stick locks into it's slot on it's own (i.e. you don't manually lock the DRAM clips with your fingers? then enable XMP and select profile (I'm sure you have but need to ask), if so and no joy, I'd try booting with 4 sticks, one in each channel, just a basic boot, if good then try with the other 4....If either time it fails to boot then prob want to run Memtest on each stick individually to check for a bad stick, I know this can be time consuming so 4-5 passes is generally good...if any test bad then the stick may be bad and may want to run it again and start it in a different channel slot to see if maybe it's a bad stick, bad slot or bad channel..

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X