My G. Skill Sniper Series Ram Will Not Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My G. Skill Sniper Series Ram Will Not Work

Ok, I posted a few weeks ago that EVGA was working with G. Skill on the memory issues with their board. EVGA claims that they are still working on supporting 4 DIMMS but also claim that running 2 sticks at rated frequencies is now working up to 2400MHz. Well, my RAM is the 4x4 16G kit Sniper Series (F3-17000CL9-16BGSR) and I cannot get 2 sticks to run at 2133 MHz, which is their rated speed, and survive a cold boot. They run fine until I shut the system down and then I get a post code 23 every single time. I can run them at 2000 MHz and cold boot all day long with no troubles. Will this kit just not work with Z77? It said on the packaging certified for Z77. Would G. Skill possibly let me do a swap to a known working 2 stick kit on Z77 platform, such as Trident X. I would even pay the difference. I cant return to Newegg, I am past the 30 days. I have tried even upping my VCCIO and VSA both to 1.290 volts, which others on the EVGA forums have claimed helped them with this problem, but still this RAM will not allow me to boot. Each stick has been memtest verified for 5 passes each. Tradesman, please help me sort out this mess. Thanks.

Got a feeling it's still a BIOS issue, I have that same set and have run it on about 5 different mobos (Z77) and no problems.....Can you post up your BIOS settings for system voltages, DRAM timings (Both base timings and the Advanced/secondary timings), and also what CPU you have and what OC you have on the CPU?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

My CPU is the i7 3770k and it is overclocked at 4.5 GHz at a voltage of 1.250.
      DIMM voltage - 1.658
      VCCIO - 1.037
      PCH voltage - 1.048
      VSMVTT - .828
      VSA - .946
      PLL - 1.849

Memory Timings:
      tCL - 9
      tRCD - 11
      tRP - 10
      tRAS - 28
      tRRD - 7
      tRTP - 8
      tFAW - 35
      tWCL - 8
      Command Rate - 2

Secondary Timings:
      tWR - 16
      tRFC - 171
      tREFI - 7936
      tWTR - 8
      tCKE - 6
      tRTL CHA - D0: 40 D1: 40
      tRTL CHB - D0: 41 D1: 41
      tIOL CHA - D0: 3 D1: 3
      tIOL CHB - D0: 3 D1: 3

Third Timings:
      tRRDR - 1
      tRRDD - 3
      tWWDR - 3
      tWWDD - 3
      tRWSR - 4
      tRWDRDD - 4
      tWRDRDD - 1
      tRRSR - 4
      tWWSR - 4

These are what is set when I choose XMP profile 1.

Comment

Try raising VCCIO to 1.15, Lower PLL to 1.795, VCCSA (you show VSA) to 1.1, tFAW 29, vCore (CPU Voltage) to 1.285

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I tried the suggested settings and I got the same result, post code 23 on cold boot. So now I'm back on 2000MHz.

Comment

How about VCCIO to 1.2?

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X