Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with MSI Z77A-GD65

Good evening,

I have a MSI Z77A-GD65 that I am trying to pair two 8GB kits of G.Skill Ares (Model F3-1600C9D-8GAB) for a total of 16GB.

I received the 2nd kit late so I was using the first 8GB fine in channels 1 and 3. When I got my 2nd 8GB kit today, I put them in slots 2 and 4 and got an error 55 (memory initialization) and stuck in a boot loop.

I tried the 2 new pairs together with the first pairs taken out, and they worked fine.

I tried a set of G.Skill Ripjaws that I had in another PC, and all 4 worked fine, so I don't think it's an issue with the slots on the motherboard.

Also, any combination of 3 of the G.Skill Ares memory works fine, but as soon as I add a 4th, it won't post.

It was suggested on the MSI forum that perhaps there's a compatibility issue between the two separate G.Skill 8GB kits that I ordered, and I should perhaps replace them with a single 16GB kit.

Oddly enough, when I try the Ares sticks in my old PC, all of them will allow that machine to boot except one stick, but that one stick doesn't have the same impact in my new rig.

I just want to double check and see if this is most likely some sort of compatibility issue. Since these sticks are not on MSI's tested list, I'm guessing that may be the case.

May be a case of the two sets just not wanting to play together. Any time you mix sets it can be problematic - even with the same exact model, additionally with two sets XMP won't work (XMP is programmed by the packaged set)...Might try clearing CMOS, disable XMP if enabled, manually input the base timings, set the CR to 2T, raise the DRAM voltage + 0.05 or to 1.55 and raise VTT to around 1.24 or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X