No announcement yet.

MSI Z77A-GD80 & F3-1600C9D-16GXM RipJaws X Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a suggestion, but if you plan to use a big oversize cooler, it's a good idea to make sure everything works well first and just use the stock cooler. I went through two of these boards and couldn't get 8GB DIMMS to work for anything (and I tried three different sets a 2133 set, and 2 1600 sets) except 1333. The sets all worked fine with other motherboards and this motherboard was okay with 4GB DIMMS. Have had problems with a couple of their other motherboards and 8GB DIMMs also. I'm staying away until I see some progress on their UEFIs

Comment

RamJam - good suggestion

AirGreek - Might be worth trying RamJams suggestion, I can't speak directly about their mobos, as I seldom use them, (had some problems with them on the past), but have heard similar stories like yours and RamJams, many of the mobo makes are still having problems w/ 8GB sticks and their BIOSs.
      Last edited by Tradesman; 09-11-2012, 06:53 AM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi airgreek,

really sorry about that you had issue with the kit, please kindly send this memory back to us for RAM, and we will test this kit to see what's going on and find out the problem. sorry about the inconvenient.

Please provide your G.Skill RMA number so we can track and test this return.

Thank you
        Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 09-12-2012, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X