Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RAM/MOTHERBOARD CABITBLE?(links to specs )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM/MOTHERBOARD CABITBLE?(links to specs )

I bought this ram Newegg.ca - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL , and it arrived to day ,before saying its not a smart idea to buy without checking first i bought it cuz im building another pc(gaming pc) but i still have to oreder more parts so its gona be about another month or 2 before i can build it, so in the mean time i was wondering if i could stick the stuff i bought in this shity thing.

motherboard:Motherboard Specifications, H-Apricot-RS780L-uATX (Apricot) Compaq Presario CQ5720F Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

full specs: Compaq Presario CQ5720F Desktop PC Product Specifications Compaq Presario CQ5720F Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

just need a anser so i know if i can or not, and if any one recomendes for me to do it/ vise versa

thanks ahead of time

Don't think that mobo will take 4GB sticks, think it maxes at 2x2GB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Don't think that mobo will take 4GB sticks, think it maxes at 2x2GB
      its has 3 gb in it, and it says it can have up to 8gb but only has to slots so ausomed that it could? i may be wrong but here where i got my evidence xD

click the view quick configurations tab it says 4GB in each slot?

would it be ok to just put them in and see if they work or could that reuin my pc / or the new ram i bought? cuz they looks big to me but it might just be me

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16820231428

http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner...6CEFB131D926C3

Comment

so do u think i could give it a try wihtout breaking anything?

Comment

Sure, either it will work, or it will beep at you telling you the RAM is no good to it, never know it might work if they updated the BIOS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sure, either it will work, or it will beep at you telling you the RAM is no good to it, never know it might work if they updated the BIOS
            thank you for your help im gona try it in the moring and se if it works , so if it dosent work i could just put other ones back in and it would work without it beeping at me lol?

Comment

Should, yes...the premades are set to specific defaults, if your new sticks were to work, it would be at 1333, factory spec, which is the bad thing w/ store bought, you can seldom do much of anything in the BIOS...with your new rig, you'll have options galore

Tman

Comment

Should, yes...the premades are set to specific defaults, if your new sticks were to work, it would be at 1333, factory spec, which is the bad thing w/ store bought, you can seldom do much of anything in the BIOS...with your new rig, you'll have options galore
                THANKS for help

Comment

No problem, Let us know about the new rig when you get it done and running....we'll still be here!

Tman

Comment

No problem, Let us know about the new rig when you get it done and running....we'll still be here!
                    shure will , well i allrdy got the case and ram wanna see the case? :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbO3mqm76Zc

Comment

Sweet, think I used that case for gaming rig awhile back if it's the same model. They look good, my customer used it for class room instruction...Enjoy!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X