GA-870A-USB3

with

2 x F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT

and I'd like to add:

F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT ( 2 x 4 Gb)

So I will have 16 Gb.

will that work?

Thanks in advance!

Any time you mix sets it can be problematic, even of the same exact model. Since these are 1333 it should only take some minor voltage and possibly timing changes to get them to play together (that's if there's any problem initially, which there might not be if you have a strong enough CPU to handle 16GB. What CPU are you running?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks for the quick answer!

CPU TripleCore AMD Phenom II X3 Black Edition 720, 2800 MHz

Comment

I think that might carry 16GB, if not at 1333 then prob fine at 1200 or 1066

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi,

thanks for the replies.

Finally, just to be on the safe side, I bought the same modules, so now I have

4 x F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT ( 16 Gb )

but I got some problems and memtest found some errors, I tested the stick in pairs and no errors, so I set it to

Ganged

and after the tests (the 4 sticks at the same time) no errors and now I'm running on that mode.

Do you know if performance will be noticeable?

Thanks!

Comment

Difference between ganged and non-ganged really depends on what you do, might see an increase with non-ganged if you do alot of multitasking, but doubt you'd actually 'see' or notice

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X