Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL + ASUS MAXIMUM V GENE BIOS Settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL + ASUS MAXIMUM V GENE BIOS Settings?

Hi All,

I currently use:
    1X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL - 2x4G dual channel kit
    2X F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL - 1x4G individually purchased

I've been trying to get them to work on a Gigabyte board for a year now and I finally gave up and bought a new board: the ASUS MAXIMUM V GENE. I'm STILL having random freezes and have tried manually setting the timing to 9-9-9-24 @ 1600mHz. No combination gives me a stable system.

I have run memtest86 and they all checked out. I can't think of anything else other than tweaking the memory timing in BIOS and I have NO clue whatsoever on how to do that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    - Soby

Try and get the 2x set going and stable, then add the third stick and raise the DRAM voltage by + .05 and raise the VTT about + .03 - it's also possible you have sticks that just don't want to play. Can you post your BIOS settings for voltages and DRAM timings (base and secondary)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tradesman,

Thanks for the quick reply. To start, I have been trying to get the matched pair up and running but even that configuration keeps freezing on me. I consider myself pretty tech savvy but I have no idea where to begin when it comes to all these variables.

A BIOS photo of the timing can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3exvctx6q...%20Timings.jpg

Primary
      DRAM CAS# Latency: 9
      DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay: 9
      DRAM RAS# PRE Time: 9
      DRAM RAS# ACT Time: 24
      DRAM COMMAND Mode: 2
      Latency Boundary: Auto

Secondary
      DRAM RAS# to RAS# Delay: 5
      DRAM REF Cycle Time: 128
      DRAM Refresh Interval: 6240
      DRAM WRITE Recovery Time: 12
      DRAM READ to PRE Time: 6
      DRAM FOUR ACT WIN Time: 24
      DRAM WRITE to READ Delay:6
      DRAM CKE Minimum pulse width: 4
      DRAM CAS# Write latency: 8
      DRAM RTL (CHA): D0: 32, D1: 37
      DRAM RTL (CHB): D0: 32, D1: 38
      DRAM IO-L (CHA): D0: 0, D1: 1
      DRAM IO-L (CHB): D0: 0, D1: 2

Third
      tWRDR(DD): 1
      tRWDR(DD): 3
      tRWSR: 3
      tRR(DD): 3
      tRR(DR): 1
      tRRSR: 4
      tWW(DD): 3
      tWW(DR): 3
      tWWSR: 4

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
      Last edited by Soby; 08-29-2012, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Make sure you have the latest BIOS, then with the 2x4GB set, go into BIOS enable XMP select the 1600 profile and should be good to go. If problems would guess a bad stick, try running each stick individually in slot one with Memtest, prob should see errors within the first 4-5 passes if a stick is bad

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X