P8Z77-V Deluxe + i73770K + 32GB Ares 1866

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P8Z77-V Deluxe + i73770K + 32GB Ares 1866

I just got my new G.Skill Ares modules F3-1866C10Q-32GAB (specs here).

This is my rig:
    Intel Core i7 3770K 3,5Ghz (Ivy Bridge)
    ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE
    Noctua NH-D14 SE2011
    BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 10 850W PSU

I have the latest BIOS (1504) and load optimized defaults.

If I try to use XMP profile 1 or 2 the computer won't post.

If I let ASUS AI Suite auto overclock I get the the results that are shown in the screenshots. And if I restart the computer from within Windows, it shuts itself down and resets a couple of times before it finally boots up again.

And if I try to go above by just a little I can't boot anymore .

Any suggestions what to do to push my rig a little? I'm not an expert by far but try to learn.

Screenshots here.

Thanks

First thought would be to do a CMOS reset, leave the BCLK at 100 initially to try and get DRAM stable and raise the VCCIO to about 1.2 volts. If no joy there, might want to try memtest on each stick individually for 4-5 passes to ensure all sticks are good. still no joy, post your advanced/secondary DRAM timings, many mobos don't have these timings optimized for larger sets of DRAM (especially 8GB sticks), have a feeling the tRFC in particular may be off, prob want around 175-180 in tRFC. If you can post those up for a look see, I'll be in later this afternoon (or GSkill Tech may be in sooner)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for taking the time.
      I updated the screenshots page with the DRAM timings!

Edit: I've tried both buffin VCCIO and setting rRFC manually but no go.
      Ugh, I might have to unmount my D14 afterall to check the sticks one at a time. But that will have to wait till the weekend. Any other settings I can play around with till then?
      Last edited by Snorken; 08-22-2012, 11:23 AM.

Comment

How about change tRFC to 240, DRAM Voltage 1.55 and raise VCCSA to 1.1

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Nope, same deal.. even tried downgrading bios a version.
          I guess I'll have to test the sticks individually this weekend and/or hope for Asus to release a BIOS with better ram compability. Any GSkill tech with experience of this setup?

Comment

I'll drop them a note to take a look

Tman

Comment

Great, thanks!
              I've contacted Asus aswell - Googling around I've seen people with similar issues using big rams (>16Gb). I'll update the thread next week if this weekends individual stick-testing gives any results.

Comment

Keep me updated, I'm in and out over the weekends (generally watching the races and working on some systems)

Tman

Comment

Testing the sticks one by one didn't really make any difference. I noticed I could clock slightly higher when just using 2 modules instead of 4, but still it wasn't much over stock speed to call it an OC really .

I'll continue to harass Asus, hopefully a new BIOS might solve this - else I'll try to switch before RMA time runs out

Thanks for looking into it Tman!

Comment

No problem, keep us updated

Tman

Comment

Curious, G.Skill lists my sticks as compatible here: http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=487

But not here: http://www.gskill.com/configurator2....GU=&model=1542

And ASUS doesn't list them at all http://www.asus.se/Motherboards/Inte...7V_DELUXE/#MSL. Guess I should have looked here when I bought the sticks, but I went with the first link and recommendations in this forum.

Seems ASUS doesn't even want to even look into it as it's not a listed stick
                      After a few memtest failures I'm running stable at 1816mhz now (im back at using 4 modules).

Comment

The GSkill folks should be in Mon, will check back to see if they have responded

Tman

Comment

Hi Snorken,

thank you for telling us about this issue, however, this memory kit: F3-1866C10Q-32GAB is compatible with the P8Z77 V-Deluxe as well, if you test the memory module individually but still had same issue, it could be failed by the board. or you could flash the older version of motherboard BIOS to see if it cause by the BIOS.

Comment

For the record, the new firmware from asus (1709) fixes the problem, - i can now use XMP profile 1 and it runs fine.

Comment

Glad to hear all is well now

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X