F3-1600C9D-8GAB (4GB x 2) on ASRock Z77 Extreme4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-1600C9D-8GAB (4GB x 2) on ASRock Z77 Extreme4

I have read and searched before posting so I think I have a better understanding of what is wrong. I have two kits of that RAM that I would like to use. I am getting the Dr. Debug 55 error code when I have more than one stick of RAM (not even a pair) on the mobo so I need to turn off XMP.

However, I cannot find where to turn that off. I am running BIOS version 2.0 and attempting to change it from the UEFI Setup Utility. I had thought it might be a clearer selection in the OC Tweaker part but I am not seeing that. I see DRAM Timing Confiuration with my stick having an XMP 1.2 Profile (DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24 1.50V). I can "Load XMP Setting", currently set to Auto, but selecting that only allows me the changes of "Auto" or the previous profile.

What do I do from here?

TIA!

Forgot my CPU.

Intel i5 2500 @ 3400

Comment

With two sets of DRAM it can be problematic, even of the same sets. Can try with DRAM voltage up to 1.56 or so and CPUVTT up to about 1.15 and see if that helps....if not, let me know what BIOS version you are running, pref 1.6 (or 1.4, 2.0 is really bad, almost as bad as 1.2) and your advanced/secondary DRAM timings. This is a great board, I'm running one, but the early BIOSs stunk, I and GSkill worked with them, and they got 1.4 and 1.6 were good, then they reverted back on some of the advanced settings for some reason.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I am running 2.0.

1.6 is not available on their site. I can get 1.4. 1.8 is the only other option but I am betting it's in the same category as 2.0?

Flashing to 1.4 and will report in.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Let me know, I'll be out for a bit, and can email you a copy of 1.6

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I was able to find the DRAM Voltage and set it at the specified number.

"VTT Voltage" has 1.113V and 1.122V with no custom options that I can find. Which is better?

Comment

A copy of 1.6 would be great!

Comment

On it's way

Tman

Comment

OK, got the first setting exact (DRAM Voltage) and then I set the VTT below the former to 1.13V in BIOS 1.6.

I have not saved and exited, yet.

I don't know how to look up the Advanced/Secondary Timings.

Comment

On the main tweaker page there is the XMP, Freq, and another setting, under that to the left is a selection for DRAM timings, click it and it will open up all the DRAM timings

Tman

Comment

OC Tweaker\DRAM Configuration (Profile #1)[JEDEC_1 in parantheses]
                      DDR3 1600 (1600)
                      tCL 9 (11)
                      tCRD 9 (11)
                      tRP 9 (11)
                      tRAS 24 (28)
                      CR 2 (no value)
                      tRC 33 (39)
                      tWR 12 (12)
                      tRFC 128 (128)
                      tRRD 5 (5)
                      tWTR 6 (6)
                      tRTP 6 (6)
                      tFAW 24 (24)
                      VDD 1.50V (1.50V)

Every other option is set to "AUTO" with the exceptions of "Write Vref Training (disabled)" and "Force Cold Reset (disabled)". "DIMM Exit Mode" is FAST EXIT and "Power Down Mode" is PPD.

All of that might as well be in Hindi! I hope it is the info you need.

Comment

Try kicking tRFC up to about 156

Tman

Comment

When I scroll down to the Refresh Cycle Time (tRFC), and hit Enter, nothing happens.

Do I need to change some setting?

Comment

Shouldn't know, click on the square where it prob says Auto to the right of tRFC

Tman

Comment

That's done and saved with a new name.

What should I have under "Load XMP Setting"? I have two choices, "Auto" and "XMP 1.2 Profile 1".

Comment

Working...
                              X