Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P67A UD7 B3 + F3-1866C10Q-32GAB XMP Profile Not Working

Hi!

Just got my F3-1866C10Q-32GAB set. Setting it to XMP profile 1 (1600) seems to work and boot, but setting it to profile 2 (1866) doesn't work.

I tried disabling turbo mode.
    I tried increasing VCCIO voltage.
    I tried testing the sticks one by one.

None of these will let me boot with profile 2 (1866).

Do I have to manually set the timings/RAM settings to get this to work?

Thanks!

Shouldn't have to, first make sure you have the latest BIOS and try, if no joy then try resetting CMOS with the mobo jumper or remove the battery for about 15 seconds, install the DRAM go into BIOS enable XMP, select 1866, manually set the DRAM voltage to 1.55, I know these are 1.5 sticks, we are just checking in case BIOS isn't ready, and raise VCCIO just a bit, say + .04 and try that..

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!

Just tried that, but no luck. I've been using the latest bios since my last reinstall. Tried to manually set the ram voltage to 1.56 (155 wasn't an option). Booted, then it crashed and reverted to default settings.

Any other ideas?

Comment

What's the VCCIO at? What CPU? Is it at stock or does it have an OC (may need one depending on the CPU), VCCSA should be on Auto, CR (command rate at 2T or 2N depending on designator used, N or T)..might also want to look at the advanced DRAM timings and post up what it has them set at, many mobo/BIOSs aren't ready for 32GB and the advanced/secondary timings are off...especially tRFC and tFAW

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

CPU: i7-2600k
          VCCIO was at 1.22 (1.24 was pink)

Hmm, the motherboard is pretty recent and top of Gigabyte's line (UD7), but I will check out of advanced/secondary timings tomorrow and post to this thread.

Thank you and good night!

Comment

No problem, will prob want a slight OC to 3.7 or so.

Tman

Comment

Hi!

I've actually had my CPU oc'd to 4.0.

The timings are as followed:

XMP Profile 2
              SPD 18.66
              Performance Enhance [Standard]
              DRAM Timing Selectable [Auto]
              Profile DDR Voltage: 1.5V
              Profile VTT Voltage: 1.25V
              Channel Interleaving: Auto
              Rank Interleaving: Auto

Channel A Timing:
              CAS: 10
              tRCD: 11
              tRP: 10
              tRAS: 30

tRC: 40
              tRRD:6
              tWTR: 7
              tWR: 14
              tWTP: 26
              tWL: 8
              tRFC: 244
              tRTP: 7
              tFAW: 26
              Command Rate: 2
              IO Latency: 1
              Round Trip Latency: 39

Channel B:
              Same:

I've also run Memtest86 for 5 passes, and there are no errors from that.

Comment

Might try the DRAM up to 1.6 and the tRFC at 251

Tman

Comment

Upping the rRFC to 251 worked. Boots now!

Any idea why this is the case? Also, there shouldn't be any stability problems, correct?

Comment

Think you should be close to right on, big problem here is that mobo specs are based on theoretical capabilities of a chipset in combo with a high end CPU.....and many of the mobos out, particularly the P67 and early Z68 came out actually before the big DRAM sets were available (even 8 GB sticks), I know at least two manufacturers with tech support in the states hadn't tested many of the mobos w/ *GB sticks and their support folks didn't even have any till May/June or so. I've always been an advocate of the more DRAM the better, so I've been playing with the higher end sets of 32GB (have RJ X 32GB 2133/9 and Trident 32GB 2400/10) and try to work them at different freqs to come up with general purpose timings for folks out there, because the mobo makers aren't putting as much time and effort into getting their BIOSs straight for XMP - once they do things are golden....anywho, go with it as is for now, your other timings look pretty good, and think you should be good to go. Keep in touch, I'm generally around every days on and off as I have some time at my systems

Tman

Comment

That makes sense... When I bought the board, 16GiB was already expensive enough.

Once again, thank you!

Comment

No problem...and as I said keep in touch, can always play with/fine tune the sticks more, but if you do, jot down your current settings for fallback.... the 'BEST' settings will differ from one mobo to another and even between two of the same mobo, but again, think you should be stable with the combo you have

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X