• F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH with P8Z77WS

Dear all,

I have build a new system (my third one) with the following components:
    ASUS P8Z77WS
    I3770K
    G-SKILL F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH (4 modules)
    Corsair 850W PSU
    Radeon 7850 Graphic

After the first boot (no problems) it went wrong.
    The second boot from power off hangs the mobo with de led Diag Dram burning.
    If you push the button MEM OK the system reboots a few times and if you are lucky you can go in the BIOS.

The BIOS shows DRAM freq 800Mhz. When i select XMP profile 2 (2133 what the memory must be) the system boots when it is a warm boot (no power of). If you do some tests with Prime95 no errors.

If you do a power off and than starts again the system hangs with the Diag Dram led burning and code 77 on the Qcode from ASUS.
    Push the button Mem OK and there is a chance to get in the BIOS. The Dram freq stands again on 800 Mhz or less.

I have read on this forum simular problems.
    Can you help me what goes wrong?

Thanks
    LeoV
    Netherlands

I'd try and get into BIOS and update to the latest version, it was just updated last week, to version 3007, they are still working on getting DRAM issues worked out, can be found here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...7_WS/#download

Give that a whirl, an dlet us know how it goes, if no joy may have to make a minor voltage adjustment or two

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Trademan,

Thanks for the reply, i have updated to the latest BIOS with the same results.
      What would you suggest about the minor adjustments?

REgards

Leo

Comment

Try raising DRAM voltage + .05, CPUVTT to about 1.15 and OC the CPU to about 4.0

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Tradesman,

Thanks for the reply, i didn't change the settings.

At the moment i run with a lower speed and the system runs fine.

The speed for the memory in the UEFI BIOS said 1947 Mhz. The clock cycles are a little bit different than the GSKILL specs.

I think i don't feel the difference.

If things are changed or errors are coming back i will inform you.

Regards

Leo

Comment

Sounds like a plan, will keep an eye out for you, just in case

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X