Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C3-19200 2400MHz TridentX @ Asus Rampage Formula IV

Hello guys!

I've been in some serious discussions with a few buddies of mine, i'm about to get myself a new computer and therefore im going to be running with the following motherboard:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...specifications

Now as you can read the motherboard supports: 4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 2400(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
    Quad Channel Memory Architecture

Which to me looks like you can maximum run a quad kit of 1866mhz OC'd to 2400mhz, is this correct?

The CPU im getting is the I7-3930k and so i've been told that i could even run PC3-19200 ram dimms and i quickly got my eyes on the:

http://www.memoryc.com/computermemor...hzquadkit.html

which looks rather f***ing sick if you asked me, now the final question is.. Will these ram dimms be able to run properly with this motherboard + CPU?

Please leave an answer

Real quick, think you misinterpreted the specs on the mobo as to 1866 OCed to 2400, the specs themselves list the DRAM freqs that the mobo/chipset are capable of, when they put an "(OC)" next to a freq as they have with 2133. 2400, in this case, it means they can run these sets natively but generally you will have to OC the CPU/system to run that high. Check my info thread in General Discussions about QVL lists: here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

To expound a bit further, depending on your skill and patience you can OC a 1866 set to 2400 on occasion (most can't do it, as in addition to base timing changes i.e. if the 1866 sticks are native CL9 to run 2400 you would normally have to go up to CL11 or 12, would also have to raise DRAM, VTT, VCCSA, etc voltages up high (much more heat, etc), so better off going with a native set at 2400.

So, in short, I'd say yes, give them a shot, after you ensure you have the latest BIOS, which I believe is 2003, just released a couple weeks ago. If you do have any problems, it will prob be that Asus doesn't have the BIOS quite ready, which in that case we can set the advanced timings manually, the Tridents are sweet, just got the 2400 32GB set in Fri, and it was plug and play with my ASRock Z77 X4
    Last edited by Tradesman; 08-12-2012, 08:36 AM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

mobo specs and qvl

It should work if it's on the qvl because they tested it at least once, although at exactly what settings, how many dimms installed, and with what exact CPU one could only imagine.

If it says (*OC), that means it might work, with just the right hardware and some effort, and some luck.
      AMD's Official AM3/AM2+/AM2 Performance Tuning Guide

AMD's Official FX AM3+ Performance Tuning Guide

Comment

Working...
      X