Clear All

• Computer Crashing

G.SKill F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
    AMD FX-4170 4.2 ghz
    ASUS M5A97 EVO
    Corsair TX650
    XFX Radeon 5770
    Win 7 Home Premium 64bit

My computer has been crashing (shuts off like someone pulled the power switch) when I play League of Legends for about 15 minutes. It also crashes when I run MSI kombustor stress test (crashes after about 1.5 mins). I am looking to see if anyone has any idea how to fix this.

Reasons why I think it may be the RAM:

1- Watched GPU temps and it was idle 45C, on load 65C
    2- CPU temps were idle 35C, load 55C
    3- Tested my GPU on my friend's computer, and it never crashed

4- Was able to run the stress test with each stick of RAM alone without crashing, but when used together it crashes.

If anyone can offer any advice, it would be most appreciated.

Thank You.

May need to raise DRAM voltage about + .05 and CPU/NB voltage about + .08

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      May need to raise DRAM voltage about + .05 and CPU/NB voltage about + .08
      Tried that, and it still crashes when I run the MSI Kombustor stress test.

In addition, i ran Prime95. On the 5th test it crashed.

Any other suggestions you may have?

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? Does your mobo have DOCP and if so have you tried that? Might want to try 1600 at 8-9-8-26 as a test to see if it runs stable there? (might be preferable to running memtest on each stick individually, which is also an option (maybe 4-5 passes to save some time). It's possible your CPU just can't run 1866, many 6100s and even a number of 8120s haven't been able to.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hmm, I did the DOCP that came with my asus motherboard and after crashing once, it seems fine. weird....
          Also, i have the latest BIOS

Comment

If it seems pretty good, stay with that, and if crashes occur, look to raise either DRAM and/or CPU/NB by + .04 or so

Tman

Comment

Only bad thing that happened was that the computer shut off and reset itself while I was watching youtube videos. I took your advice and upped the DRAM voltage by +0.5V

Comment

Keep us informed

Tman

Comment

The computer crashed after a few hours of gaming. Should I continue increasing the DRAM voltage? Is there a voltage that it should be running steady on?

Comment

Try raising the CPU/NB another + .04, if still problems, let me know what those voltages are at and the advanced DRAM timings

Tman

Comment

Sorry about the long delay, I went on vacation with my parents.

I found on another forum that changing the DRAM voltage to 1.25 would help with the problem, so I tried that. It seemed to work fine; I ran Prime95 for 1.5 hrs, Kombustor for 1.5 hrs, and played games without it crashing once. Then when I came back today, it crashed on me after 36 minutes of gaming. I'm still not sure if it could possibly be a hardware issue but below are my bios. If you would take the time to look at my bios and give me suggestions, I would be very grateful. Thank you.
                      [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

@ 1600 I'd try the DRAM at 1.45, these are native 1866/1.5 sticks

Tman

Comment

I tried 1.45, but that crashed when I was just surfing the web and no games were played. Then I tried 1.4V and that crashed twice while surfing the web also, so now I am trying it at 1.35V.

Comment

May want to go back to the 1.5, think 1.35 may be a problem, in not enough voltage

Tman

Comment

Hi Slade35,

the AMD platform will not fully support the low voltage version of memory module, please raising the DRAM voltage to 1.5v or more (up to 1.6v)and try it again, usually the AMD system need more power to stabilize your system.

Comment

Working...
                              X