3930K+P9X79WS +2 sets of F3-2400C10Q-32GTX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3930K+P9X79WS +2 sets of F3-2400C10Q-32GTX

Long story but I cannot purchase F3-19200CL10Q2-64GBZHD....

So instead I am looking at F3-2400C10Q-32GTX.

Should I be able to get 2 sets of F3-2400C10Q-32GTX (64gb) working with the p9x79WS? Having to do some manual tweaking would be fine...

Thanks

Paul

Could try, if you can get them to play, it may take a lot of tweaking, base timings, voltages and secondary/advanced timings....XMP won't work with two sets as the programming of the SPD is for a given set i.e. 4x8GB here, and the secondary timings for an 8x8GB set may differ greatly, i.e. 4x runs a tRFC of 170+ and the 8x set looks for 250+. If you have some experience with timings, advanced timings, voltage adjustments and possibly a whole lot of patience, would guess you can get them to play.....but....yes the eternal But, there's no guarantee they will play together, 2400 might be tough

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok.... You talked me into it and newegg finally had them in stock....

1 Set of F3-19200CL10Q2-64GBZHD are on the way.

Comment

Awesome! Let us know when you get the sticks!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Got them....

Set is installed (Upgraded from a 32gb Gskill 1833 set). When I have them running at XMP 2400 LinX fails within the first couple of minutes every time. Using intel burn test, the residual is different every pass. This was with Profile #1 and Profile#2

I then left the XMP on, with profile #2, but changed the speed to 2133. It has been running through LinX passes for about 4 hours now with no problems.

Any ideas on getting it stable at 2400?

Thanks

Paul

Comment

With the two sets, it often helps to raise the DRAM and/or MC (memory controller) voltage to stabilize them, maybe + .05 to the DRAM and about + .05 to MC voltage - if still problems, post your BIOS settings, particularly the DRAM timings, base and secondary/advanced as well as system voltages

Change DRAM raise to + .05 from typo
            Last edited by Tradesman; 08-06-2012, 07:04 PM.

Tman

Comment

Double Check

Dram Voltage is currently at 1.65. Adding .55 puts it at 1.710.

MC Voltabe. VTTCPU is currently on auto with the bios displaying the current value bouncing betwen 1.245 and 1.255. Adding .05 to this puts it at at 1.30.

Also VCCSA was auto set by XMP at 1.25 with the bios showing the actual value at 1.283

With these settings the dram voltage 1.710 is in the Pink.
              VTTCPU voltage is in the red at a manual setting of 1.245 let alone 1.30.

So wanted to double check before I set these values that these are reasonable voltages to set before I give it a try

Thanks

Comment

+ .05 on DRAM...sorry bout the typo..... MC and VCCSA is already near max I would recommend...off hand it may just be two sets that don't want to play

Tman

Comment

Gave it a try

Just tried it out at 2400 with another .05 (1.70) dram voltage on both channels.

Went a little longer before faiure in Linx but only a couple of minutes.

Tried increasing VTTCPU and VCSS to 1.3 for a short time... same result.

Tried profile 2 instead of 1... same result.

Also did an over night test with LinX at 2133 and it was solid all night.

I didnt have time today to get all the BIOS settings... Do you still want those or should I look to RMA/exchange?

Comment

Think you may have to, doesn't sound like they want to play

Tman

Comment

Thanks.... Fortunatly I still have the 32gig set to hold me over... Will get the process started

Comment

Let us know how it goes! We'll be waiting

Tman

Comment

RMA Problem

I am having a problem with my RMA... Can you check on this for me?
                          RMA# UR2122004
                          My tracking shows it was received Last Tuesday. I have not had any communication from gskill support. I emailed rma@gskill.com yesterday morning and this morning and have not received any response to those email either.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

I'm not Gskill, but will drop them a note and see if they can check, they are prob getting ready to close up for the day so it may be Wed for a response

Tman

Comment

Dear Customer,

Your request for an RMA update has already been forwarded to our North America service center, where your RMA is being processed.

We appreciate your patience.

Comment

Working...
                              X