Gigabyte EP45-UD3P and DDR2 6400 settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte EP45-UD3P and DDR2 6400 settings

I've got an older machine with a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P mobo in it. I just replaced the RAM in it with a set of F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ modules (2x2GB) in slots 1 and 3. This memory was recommended by the GSKILL configurator. I have the latest BIOS installed and it seems stable with everything at auto after loading optimized defaults, but operation inside of Windows 7 is extremely slow. Things take forever to load compared to the old Crucial sticks of identical spec. Does anyone have some recommended settings for this RAM on this Mobo?

Thanks.

Are the timings and speed correct in the BIOS? can check CPU-Z in the memory tab for what the DIMMs are running at

Comment

Try the other two slots, or update the BIOS.

Some older BIOS versions liked slots 2 and 4 better.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Those are my timings.

I have already tried slots 2 and 4 and I've tried the latest BIOS and also upgraded to the latest beta BIOS and still have the same issues.

Comment

Test one at a time to see if one may be bad causing problems.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

I think I found the speed problem. Turns out I forgot to turn off Driver Verifier when I was testing for what caused the original BSODs I was having. I didn't notice any slow downs from it with the old RAM but it was definitely slowing down the system with the new modules.

Comment

Glad to hear the problems resolved, Enjoy!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X