• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot get F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK running at 1066

model of the motherboard: Gigabyte ep45 ud3p
    model of the memory: F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    model of the CPU: intel q6600

I just bought this ram. I previously had ddr2 800 with the processor running at 3.2 GHz rock solid with a 2.00 ram multi. 400fsb and 8multi. I want to run the new ram at 533fsb with a 2.00 ram multi. I cannot get it doing so. I was able to get it to boot Windows 7 64 bit and start prime 95, but it would freeze after about 15-30 seconds. I currently have the ram running stable at 400fsb with an 8 multi, and a 2.66 ram multi solid. Prime 95 has been going for 1.5 hrs solid.

While I was trying to go for the 2.00, I had the ram voltage at 2.1, as stated on the box, with timings at 5-5-5-15. I bumped my MCH voltage up to 1.4 as suggested in another thread, and bumped my fsb voltage(cpu termination is what i've heard does that), in increments going up to 1.4, but was never able to get it stable. At best it would go to windows, and freeze during stress, at worst I would have to reset my cmos.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I guess it's not a huge deal since I am able to keep my old OC to 3.2 GHz, and run the ram at 1066, but I really want to run it asymmetric.

Another unrelated question. In CPUZ, the SPD tab timings table shows the timings I can run this ram at at different frequencies. At my current settings, running symmetric, would I use the 400MHz timings(5-5-5-515-24), since my fsb is at 400, or would I use the 533 timings (5-5-5-15-48)?

Thanks in advance, sorry this was so long. Just wanted to get all of my info out there.

for your configuration, we don't think Q6600 could run at FSB 533to reach DDR2 1066
    you could try to run DDR2 1066 with the same FSB 400
    for the timing, you could just set them to 5-5-5-15 and the others default
    thanks

G.S

Comment

How high do you think I could get the fsb running?

Comment

What is your CPU multi at 533 FSB? No way to run at x8. You will need to really overclock your setup to run at 1:1 533MHz FSB, so it's pretty much not a good idea for you. 1:1 DRAM:FSB only means you will have a faster FSB, but it will not speed up your memory.

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

With Q6600 and a good cooler you ought to be able to run 400 FSB (3.6GHz) with no problem as long as your box is well ventilated, if your 6600 is G0 stepping you can run higher (the B3 stepping runs a little hotter) Keep an eye on your temps and of course you'll have to run a little higher vCore than normal.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Up on above, you can fry eggs on it on FSB anywhere over 475Mhz, would use the steam pan even on multi 9 with over 425Mhz.

Anyway, up with the easterns. You should be running just fine 400Mhz, 3,6Ghz & 1066Mhz on, but before you go to OC make some flash chip with Memtest. Test the RAM complete stable (rise latencies when errors start with tWR 10, tRFC around 85, worry about them later.) when you get to rock solid tests 4,6,7 on Memtest86+ You know ram is stable. When this is good. go to OS and dump it in Linpack watch the Temperatures with something like HWMonitor from HTTP://www.CPUID.com/ and watch where it goes (TjMax is around 105c so -10 degrees would be last advisable heats) (Telling you this since Q6600 will need some nasty voltages).

You should get it stable by CPU voltage after you know the MemTest86+/RAM is stable. Don't pump the VTT(FSB Termination) too high even while quad-cores needs it you will never need more than 1.27-1.30v (however, check this value inside OS not in BIOS!)

About voltages..
            -When you test RAM.. just keep the NB on right above 1.4v (Read this ON OS not on bios. check it with Everest sensors page) and about RAM volts keep them on 2.100v (again check on OS not BIOS) when you loop to highest point of RAM you may take the voltage (again BY OS reading) to around 2.26v-2.28v (this has loop hole when really high shouldn't need this but anyway).
            -When you test CPU.. Check the vDroop by OS reading again when you stress the CPU on something where the Voltage drops on CPU. When you know this value try: Value+0.02v = VTT and try again.

(why? because seems OS voltages are more closer than BIOS settings by actual voltage meters)

There's my 2 cents
            Last edited by genetix; 06-27-2009, 03:35 AM.
            "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
            http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Working...
            X