• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Screen at 1066 mhz

model of the motherboard: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L
    model of the memory: F2-8500CL5D-4GBPQ
    model of the CPU: Intel E7400

When I try to run the memory at 1066 mhz with 5-6-6-18 timings at 2.0 volts, the computer bluescreens after loading up vista. I memtested each stick individually at 1066 and each received no errors, but together at 1066 it failed and they blue-screen. After changing to 800 mhz they pass memtest and do not blue screen.

Is there a way I can get it to work at 1066? Have you tested it with my motherboard before?

Thanks a lot!

Make sure to set the performance enhance to "standard". Use the AUTO feature first to see what values it will give you. Let me know how it goes.

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I set all of them to auto and set the performance enhance to standard and I bluescreened twice, each time with a different code (3B and A). Auto sets the timings to 5-6-6-18 and the speed to 1066, with 2.0 volts.

Comment

Any more advice?
        thanks

Comment

What FSB are you running? Sticks should be in slots 1-3. Check tRFC also, probably need it about 54. Command Rate should be 2T.

If no go with the above, try 1 stick at a time in slot 1 and see if either will run okay.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Just mummbling..

Also, how many sticks we are talking about. Those won't boot on below tRFC 85 clean, if all 4 slots are on use and no way you will go past 1041Mhz on CL5, if 8GBs on box. 2.0v on 1066Mhz? would pump that to 2,1v(unless 2.0v is actually 2.1v like asus boards) and I'd check on tWTR value to be 10 minimum since that will on too low drop errors which would be BSOD.

also share different point of view on Performance level. It might be in 'Auto' too low still as it might also down grade the first slot. might wanna add it to 8 or 9 just for test (or +1 to what ever is the 'Auto').
            "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
            http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Genetix,
              Only one set is shown and is a 2x2, that's where I'm thinking 54 at least (maybe up to 60) in tRFC, the 2.0 should be pretty accurate with the UD mobo. Also thinking might have to loosed the timings if OCing, which is why I asked about the FSB, CPU is native 1066, with this mobo, I'd be running 1333, maybe at 9.5 or 10 on the multiplier but maybe the full 10.5, which would be about 3.5GHz. Need to set RAM and FSB individually and manually, depending might have to kick up the CPU voltage to handle the OC if at 1333 (which would also cause BSOD. Lots of possibilities

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                Genetix,
                Only one set is shown and is a 2x2, that's where I'm thinking 54 at least (maybe up to 60) in tRFC, the 2.0 should be pretty accurate with the UD mobo. Also thinking might have to loosed the timings if OCing, which is why I asked about the FSB, CPU is native 1066, with this mobo, I'd be running 1333, maybe at 9.5 or 10 on the multiplier but maybe the full 10.5, which would be about 3.5GHz. Need to set RAM and FSB individually and manually, depending might have to kick up the CPU voltage to handle the OC if at 1333 (which would also cause BSOD. Lots of possibilities
                Yeah, in that case 2.0v is well enough. should disregard my last comment. As I was considering there on full controller voltages and values.

your advice at
                Originally posted by Tradesman
                Sticks should be in slots 1-3.
                probably ain't too far where the problem is actually is in this case. Other could be simply bad timings on performance level or tWTP giving errors, but seems like this wouldn't be the case since memtest passes.
                "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
                http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Ok, so I am only running 4 gigs (2x2GB) and they are indeed in slots 1 and 3 to get the obvious stuff outta the way.

The default timings are as follows:
                  tRRD: 4
                  tWTR:4
                  tWR:13
                  tRFC:68
                  tRTP:4
                  Command Rate: 2T

Right now I do not have the cpu overclocked at all, although once I figure out the memory I might want to do a modest overclock but not too much cuz I'm using the intel heatsink. So the bus is 266 mhz and the multi is 10.5 right now for 2.8 GHz.

So the tRFC is more than what u guys suggested so that should be fine. I tried increasing the tWTF from 4 to 10 with all the other settings standard but that gave a bluescreen. Then I changed the cas from 5 to 6 with the tWTR still at 10 and that still bluescreened

I have a question, what is the MCH Host frequency latch for exactly? I thought it was what was multiplied by the system memory multiplier to get the memory speed, but it seems the cpu host frequency (266) is what is multiplied to get the speed, not the memory latch.
                  Right now I changed the system memory multiplier to 3.00A to get the memory to 800 MHz to be able to make this post. If I were to overclock the cpu wouldnt that also overclock my memory, and is that something I would want? It doesn't seem like it.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? If so, you may want to increase the QPI and core voltage slightly to see if that will stabilize the system. Definitely keep us posted.

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I do have the lastest bios (f4). Which one is the core voltage, the cpu vcore? Or MCH core? and idk what QPI is lol, sorry

Comment

GSkill Tech,
                        QPI on a P43?

Have you tried setting both the FSB and RAM manually? If your tRFC is indeed higher, you may want to lower it to the vicinity of 54, to much will affect performance and can affect stability.

vCore is CPU voltage

Tman

Comment

trkraus, it depends on whether you have your FSB to RAM linked or not. If it is linked then it is multiplied by your CPU host frequency and depending on how you set it will change the overall speed.

Increase your FSB and Northbridge voltages to see if that will help stabilize the board.

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

i tried increasing the MCH Core which i believe is northbridge voltage from 1.100 to 1.200, set the ram to the default 5-6-6-18 at 1066 with the cpu at the base 2.8 ghz, reduced the tRFC to 54 from 68, but no good, BSOD'd

i then tried a hefty overclock on the cpu to 3.5 ghz (333 x 10.5) and then a 3.20 multiplier for the ram (3.2 x 333 = 1066), and kept the other stuff, but it still BSOD'd

right now i have the cpu at 3.5 ghz with the ram at 5-5-5-15 at 333 MHz x 2.40 multi = 800 mhz and it seems to be stable

perhaps i should just keep it at 800, doubt i would be able to notice the difference anyway.

Comment

Working...
                            X