DDR2 1066 problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR2 1066 problems?

Motherboard: ASUS M4A78 PLUS (bios version 2301)
    CPU: AMD AM3 X3 7202.8Ghz (oc'd to 3.2Ghz)
    Memory: F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    Video Card : XFX HD 6870
    BIOS: v02.61 American Megatrends Inc.

Setup Dilema: on Default (AUTO), the bios sets the memory to (as per CPU-Z) -

400MHz
    FSBRAM - 1:2
    CL - 5
    tRDC - 5
    tRP - 5
    tRAS - 15
    tRC - 24
    CR - 2T

When I set the MemClock Value to 533MHz, the settings are:

533MHz
    CL - 5
    tRDC - 7
    tRP - 7
    tRAS - 25
    tRC - 24

so, I correct them to 5-5-5-15 and 41 as, that's as high as tRC goes at 533MHZ-why not 48 as needed?-and voltage to 2.0v restart and when I go back into the Bios and change the MemClock Value to 400MHz, here's what it defaults at:

400MHz
    CL - 5
    tRDC - 3
    tRP -
    tRAS - 5
    tRC - AUTO

So, what should be the correct setting, given my AM2+/AM3 board and the Memory's capability? I have not had problems in the past, but Battlefield: Bad Company 2 has started to randomly crash(the only game crashing-and Dx11), and when looking at the same timings , and adjusting them, to loosen them, I have noted the tRC maximum for 533MHz was 26! By defaulting the Bios, and starting up VISTA Ultimate, and then going back to the Bios, the maximum value was back to 41!? I have the latest ASUS bios installed, I have reset and played on AUTO settings, still random crashes. I did, however, try the settings for AM2+ boards 5-6-6-24-30 tRFC-195us, max volt 2.0v, a Sticky on your Forums, and it didn't crash, but I have yet to spend some real time playing, so I can't be sure.

So, should I RMA them or try some other settings for my MB/Memory combination. Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Russ

Should be 5-5-5-15, with DRAM voltage at 2 or 2.1 and set your CR (Command Rate ) to 2 - so will be 2N or 2T depending if your mobo uses the N or the T designator (prob N but they are interchangeable), leave the rest of the settings for DRAM on auto, if any problems, ensure you have the latest BIOPS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X