Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some nice modules for Asus P5EWS pro and Q6700?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some nice modules for Asus P5EWS pro and Q6700?

Hi
    I got ASUS P5EWS pro mbo and Corsair 8500DF 2x2 GB atm with Q6700 CPU , PSU Corsair 850 TX.
    However I didn't liked this modules from start . 8500DF 1066 mhz from corsair are stable but slow.
    Everest test mem latency shows 78ns , incredibly slow compared with my old Gskills 2x1gb F2 CL4D HK series 4-4-3-5 60-61ns
    Is true that Gskill shows that just on my other MBOs I own Abit QUAD GT and Asus P5B deluxe both with 965 chip-set.
    X38 cipsets are know for enhancing I/O and DDR capabilities over other previous chipsets from intel so I don't understand why not even Gskill HK can't take the latency to 60 ns on Asus P5eWS pro X38. I got the best result OCing the CPU and mem and got a 67.9 ns in latency test.
    However are any DDR2 from Gskill which can reach abut 60ns in latency test with my MBO P5EWS and Q6700.
    Because I want to buy a kit of 4GB that at least will have about 60 ns and not over 70.
    Some Gskill that will show justice to X38 chipset.
    Thank you

Not anymore... Performance DDR2 is long gone.

You would need to tweak advanced timings to lower that latency. The AUTO according to BIOS is not always the best.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

tought so

Thanks for the quick response.
      I guess we need to trash ddr 2 platforms and buy DR3 now and I5 and I7 , actually change almost everything in computer so the money will "roll".

Comment

That's the way it's looking, I just picked up a Q9650 on a trade-in for a new build, and have yet (6 weeks later) to find a decent mobo for it, so it sits.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X